prolapse

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 weeks after surgery,OK after 5days still painful but as a veggee no probs with BM twice a day.I guess I over did it going out trying to lead a normal life now I have a prolapse and I am stuck inside.However I am lucky no real pain now,only discomfort, just fed up and very worried about the future.Any help anyone?

​Previously pretty fit with yoga and pilates has helped plus good diet.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sheila , easy to get downhearted when it comes to this kinda thing , as you can see from the posts here . Keep your chin up cos things will get better . It does take time , and some surgeons will refuse to even speak to their patients for the first 6 weeks after a procedure for just that same reason . I had 6-8 weeks stuck in hospital or at home start of this year but starting to lead a normal life now , despite the fact that they have not fixed me properly . In a few weeks you will look back on it as a low point , but you will get better , trust me .
  • Posted

I would have to agree with the 8 week healing time. My Surgeon told me it takes that long to get back to a semblance of normality (though then info sheets he gave me said 3-4!)

i thought that I'd never get better and whilst still not 100%, I'm a lot better than I was. Weeks 3 - 7 were worse for me. Very little pain, but constantly needing to pass a movement.

hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you very much, that is so helpful, if it just takes more time I can handle that,guess you have to tke it easy however frustrating.My surgeon wil not speak to me but am lucky to have a good supportive GP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.