Prolapse Anal End/Ventro rectopexy Op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Any ladies considering a procedure for intususception (internal prolapse) kindly make contact.  

Or any form of rectal prolapse.

Any ladies who had a successful operation please make contact.

Please could you explain your symptoms prior and after surgery.

Considering surgery and would like some support.

Also ladies where did you have the procedure and would you kindly give me the name of your surgeon.

Thank you 

Sandra

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sandra2468. I am 4 weeks post op from a vaginal posterior repair. Besides the excruciating pain in my rectum immediately after the surgery, I have had no pain and bleeding stopped after 3 weeks. I get very tired doing very little, because I made sure I did not do much except go to the loo and walk a little each day. I really allowed myself to heal before I even walked outside, or did dishes or anything. So I feel like my surgery was extremely successful.

I was chronically constipated my entire life and strained until I got a retocele. I knew something was wrong when I became incontinent. I had to manually assist my defecations and I could feel a pocket that was collecting still that would just setup out while I was walking around. It was a small amount so I would sometimes not know and would not be able to stop it.

I had hemorrhoids which I thought best to get banded before the posterior repair to ensure a good result. That turned out to be a great decision.

I am not like new vaginally and rectally. I will forever do my pelvic floor exercises to ensure I don't have future prolapses.

I hope this was helpful

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Did they use your own vaginal tissue or mesh to do your repair?  I am still doing research before I have my posterior repair and yours sounds very successful.  I plan to have surgery this October after my beach vacation. There is no way I am going to mess my vacation up!!  I am very scared about making the wrong decisions. The doctors just arn't helpful in explaining the pros and cons and options. I have learned that we have to do our own research and be our own best advocate. Please let me know details of the repair if you can.

Lisa

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have this but I'm delaying surgery (rectopexy) as I have small children.  I don't think I will have surgery for at least 5 years to be honest.  You need to be able to rest completely for about 2 months and I wouldn't be able to rest for a day!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You might want to try the Hide-A-Way prolapse support garment. You can Google it at prolapsed bladder support garment. It will support you until you can have the surgery.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello there blessed06,

Just to say there are different procedures for prolapse.

Ventro-rectopexy is one I am considering.

Please research before considering anything.

It has been a long haul,  and luckily my children are older now.

My quality of life is not how it should be.

I am absorbed in this all day long now and finally feel the need for surgery.

I would not go near any item which someone has tried to sell on this site.  

The lady involved has problems I realise.

However she is not a doctor and writes like a doctor.

She is trying to help people but also selling a service.

If she gives you a full refund after 28 day trial,  then that would be most satisfactory.  However I believe many people out of desperation will go ahead with this garment loosing a considerable amount of money without complete satisfaction. 

It can always be said that there are some lucky and unlucky winners out there.

Best Sandra

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up