propranolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been taking these tablets for my anxiety for about a month now.i felt okay for a few days but went back to feeling rubbish again getting pains all over.my stomach seems to be bloated/swelled a lot and uncomfortable pains I get dizzy,have pains in my head,feel like I have no energy my muscles feel dead and ache.im always thinking there's something more serious wrong with me and worry very easily .....it's starting to get me down now just wondering if anyone can give me any feedback

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Actually i think it takes a solid week before propanol hits your bloodstream in full effect and a few weeks or your body to adjust to the changes the medication makes to your body. Its works on anxiety but it also lowers your blood pressure thats its original intended use.thats what i was told. Maybe check your bp levels and then when you call your gp you can ask him and let him know your blood pressure reading as he will ask. Takes time for the body to regulate itself on this medicine.
    • Posted

Yes I had my blood pressure taken at the doctors a couple of weeks back and it was fine......I just want to feel normal and not worry everyday.....every little pain I get I think the worst......I'll feel ok for a while then go back to feeling rubbish
    • Posted

complety know how you feel, I think I am suffering heaalth anxiety too, drs tell me anxiety, but I am not convinced my phyiscal symtoms are anxiety, I have not be offered further testing and this has been going on nearly a year for me x have you had other testing done, I am so tired all the time, so tired I actually cried in the drs the other day, just feel alone and scared all the time, no one seems to want to listen x
    • Posted

Go on pinterest and look up anxiety, panic attacks. Healing meditations. Theres Over 40 million people alking around with this.you are far from alone. A doctor is like a car mechanic. Keep that mindset and you will realize why they cant help. There brains function differently. Anxiety is intensly a behavior issue and was labeled as such until maybe a decade ago. All they have are oills and so they give them. They have doctors for behavior that specialize in cbt, eft, meditation, therapist, holistic healers, alternative doctors, retreats, reiki, yoga, wellness clinics..etc..your doctor is someone who will run tests to be sure your body is not in danger or ill. They do standard tests only unless there is a marker for an illness. So you can really blame the doctor.it is which doctor you chose to see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.