Prostate 4Kscore TEST

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone had experience with the newer Prostate 4Kscore blood test?  I just got results & Dr strongly encouraging me to have biopsy. Test Results show a 10% chance of having Aggressive Prostate cancer OR 90% chance of not having Aggressive Prostate cancer.  I am 66 year old w/m with psa scores within the last 3 years ranging from 4.8 to currently 3.6. Still just seems to be a numbers game & playing the odds.  No family history of prostate cancer.  What to do, what to do !!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That is a relatively good 4K score.

Have you had a 3T parametric MRI done ? If not, that is what should be done next before rushing into having a random biopsy. Make sure it is done at a top notch teaching institution so you can have a radiologist experienced in reading prostate MRI's render an evaluation. If they see something of signicance you would then want a targeted fusion biopsy of the lesion along with random cores taken of other areas.

Don't rush into anything before you have knowledge of all your options.

Hope this helps and good luck.

• Posted

I have not had MRI done. Urologist never suggested one.  I just don't get warm and fuzzies from my Doctor. He has been pushing me for 1+ year for biopsy. Even PHI blood test 1+ year ago showed 90% chance of being cancer free. Thank you.....looking for any guidance/input.

• Posted

4Kscore test isn't available as far as I know in the UK. I asked for it and got 3 out of the 4 tests done with a result of 9.5 - which I thought was very positive. However although my psa was only 8.8 an MRI showed lesions across half of my prostate and a Biopsy showed the Gleason pattern to be 4 + 4. Three months after that I had a RARP and the removed prostate analysis showed the presence of Gleason Grade 5+4 tumour of 26mm dia. Fortunately no cancer in the lymph nodes, seminal vesicles, or anterior fat. If I were you I would have a Biopsy - (Transperineal Template to avoid infection.) I had two in the past three years with considerable after effects with the first which was 55 cores (I have not heard of anyone else having that many cores taken) but I think that it was simply the number of cores that was the problem. The second Biopsy with 13 cores was a breeze, with no after effects.

• Posted

David, You PSA does not sound too bad, though, your PSA history is flopping back and forth, maybe a sign of prostatitus. Anyway, I had similar issues(my psa all upwards...too quickly) and had a mpMRI done, which cleared me of any lesions and meaningful cancer. So, my uro guy backed off a biopsy. Until some one can see lesions, it is a stab in the dark, with many risks with it. My suggestion, if you can aford it, get an mpMRI.

Geoff

• Posted

I'm going to contact urologist to see if MRI is a way to start.  My guess is he will want to start with biopsy. 

Biopsies just seem so inconsistent & with possible side effects.....I was hoping the newer 4Kscore blood testing would have a stronger indication.

Thank you

• Posted

Blind biopsies are a stab in the dark with some high risks of infection. For me, the mpMRI is the way to go. It either says, Nah, you are clear of serious risk...or it says, umm, some thing here not right, and the Dr can biopsy it because he can see it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.