Prostate problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.

I am 33 years of age.

I rescently had problems of urgent urniation and this affected my work and social life. A few days later i noticed there is a bit of blood in my semen. I went to my local GP and he put me on an anitbiotic which didnt seem to work. He then put me onto another anitibiotic "Co Amoxyclav" and a tablet called urispaz. This seemed to help a bit but the symptoms came back again. I was then sent to a urologist who i explained my problem to. He then proceeded tp perform an ultra sound and could not find any issues. He also took a urine sample (cultured) and all came back clear. The urologist then tells the frequent urination is stress related. I then continued to battle for another two weeks and i then visted another GP who i was recommended to see. I explained to the GP my entire situation and what went on. He then said i need to check your prostate and performed a prostate examination and found my prostate to be inflamed. I found alot of discomfort and burning during this examination. He then took a blood sample from me to do a prostate blood test and other tests that i am not to sure about. This all came out clear as well. He then put me on an anitibiotic called Profoxlyn. It seemed to help a bit. I then went in for a follow up and performed another prostate examination on me and found the prostate swelling to have gone down. I did not feel as much discomfort as the previous examination but there was a mild burining sensation. He then told me to wait two to three weeks to see of the problem corrects itself. I am now however still having frequent urination on some days and others not. I still find a a bit of blood in my semen as well. the doctor advised me if the problems persists i will need to see another urologist. I am so confused as to what is going on and would like some feed back as to what could be wrong.

Thanks you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Zee  I am sorry for your problem.  Most of the time peeing a lot and blood in erine or sperm is caused by a bladder infection.  You wrote they did a prostate exam and it was inflamed and the next time it was not.  Everything else is clear. It hard to say but I think you had somekind of infection and you cleared it up with the meds.  Did you fall or are you a bike rider or got hit in the groin at sometime  Just watch what your doing and eating you never know with the body..  Good luck  Ken
    • Posted

Hi Ken.

Thanks for the reply.

I am unsure if i did get injured. I had a baby rescently and she sitting in between my legs on the bed rescently. She did lay back all of a sudden, but hit my tummy more than my groin area. If i did get injured, how long should the blood take to clear up? i do not have any blood in my urine, just the semen.

• Posted

Is it red or brown.  Our body's are all diffrent and we all heal at diffrent rates  If the test are all clear I would just watch it for a while.  The blood test on is most likely is checking your PSA. Just take care of that baby.  I will see if I can fine anything else for you...Have a good day  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.