Prostate problems at 18? & Erectile Dysfunction

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I am really in need of some help here - getting quite worried. 

I'm 18, slim. Had blood tests come back fine recently. It's not possibly an STD. 

My symptoms are as follows: 

Urine stream not very fast, slow to start & dribbling - more than a year 

Quite frequent urination, more than I used to - past few months 

Lower abdominal aching (it's like pressure) - past few months 

Erectile dysfunction (even when on my own) - about 3 months 

Testicular pain (had them checked, apparently ok) - past month 

I've also noticed some sort of lump in the scrotum above the left testicle, could be a varicocele or maybe epididymitis - but the urologist didn't mention (or notice) it after checking. 

Urine has been checked twice in the past year with no issues. Finally got referred to a urologist and saw them the other day, prostate was checked but he couldn't identify anything. I'm about to move so he was unable to send me for tests so he's referring me to what will be my local hospital to have tests done, but I am very worried about it. 

I don't think ED is psychological as I have been through periods where I am not stressed in the slightest (e.g. holiday) yet the problem was still there. I am also pretty happy usually, until this became a problem! 

I've noticed very recently that I have been having more bowel movements than usual, any reason for this? 

I'm worried it may be prostatitis, but I am not sure. I don't know whether all of the symptoms are related, any ideas?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention, last year I was prescribed a drug for 30 days to get rid of UTI / Prostitis, it may have helped a little but it didn't get rid completely. I did forget to take it on a few days after a couple of weeks had passed but they won't seem to give me them again.
  • Posted

You did not mention if you had a PSA test or an MRI.
    • Posted

Not yet, but I assume they will do that when I go to the hospital which I am being referred to.
  • Posted

Hey Dan sorry your having a problem.  At your age I don't think its you prostate.  Have you fallen or ride a bike alot. Or gotten hit in you privates.  The reason I am asking is you may have a stricture in the urethra.  And it may be causing some of your urine to go back in your bladder.  I had that probllem.  Did not know I had one until last year.  I had 5 infections last years.  Also your other problem with your testicle.  My right one has the same kind of problem.  I had my urologist check thursday.  I have to have some test and I go back on the September 8th.  The testticle feels sponge and the epididymitis is swolen and it round.  It does not feel the same....Just trust in your doctor.  Ket me know what happens  Ken
    • Posted

Don't think it's damage, not had anything recently anyway. Sounds very similar to my issue though. Let me know how the tests go.
    • Posted

Just riding a bike can cause damage.

Neal

• Posted

I had these same symptoms when I was 17 , it was caused by my private time techniques I was doing , it took the drs awhile to figure this out, if you would like to discuss it a lil more feel free to contact me, I responded to your post earlier but I don't think it went thru , take care joe

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Eat foods with lots of zinc, like wheat germ. I had a lot of discomfort with urinating and poor erections but once I started eating wheat germ I started to feel better and now I feel very good about how I urinate and erections. The prostate needs zinc to function normally so you should definitely try it!
  • Posted

You need more tests, and apparently are going to get them. Please let us know the results, and we may be able to assist better.

As to the ED, please remember that the best way to get ED is to worry about it. That said, unless you are going on your honeymoon soon, it looks like you will be best served by waiting for those medical results before you panic.

Neal

• Posted

Yes what Neal is saying his true.  Stress is the worst thing for a man on stress.  Just relax it seam you are taling care of what you are goin thru.  Ken. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.