Prostate, Prostatitis, Bladder

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have had prostatitis for over 17 years, I am now pain free and symptom free at last. There were times when I just felt like giving up and didn’t want to go on living, the pain every day of my life was terrible to say the least. My symptoms were all the same as what you are talking about. I was on antibiotics for almost every day of the 17 years. The Doctors wanted to operate, I have such a fear of Doctors and needles etc  that I put it off for all these years and I even would not allow them to examine my prostate by feeling it through my rectum. I am so glad I did.

I tried everything from antibiotics, to herbal medicine, to pumpkin seeds and saw palmetto. I even found a place here in South Africa where I live that claimed to cure all prostate health problems. A funny two week course of green stuff in 500ml bottles that was aweful and gave me heart pulpitations and the runs. I must admit that some of these medicines did help a bit but the prostatitis kept coming back!!

I researched the Internet over and over for years and eventually I stumbled across a prostatitis discussion where some guy said that when he strayed from his GLUTEN FREE Diet his prostatitis would come back.

I started paying attention to the things I was eating and drinking, I also noticed that in the mornings when I awoke, my pain was not too bad but as the day went on it got worse and worse which made me think it WAS diet related because for the 8 hours I was asleep, I was not ingesting anything, so that made sense that the pain was not as severe.

To cut a long story short, I figured out that I have Celiac disease. It’s a disease where you become allergic to DAIRY and GLUTEN. it is not something you can catch, it is something you are born with, it’s in your DNA and can kick in at any time of your life. The dairy and gluten amongst other foods such as vinegar, oils, some veggies, onions, carrots, tomatoes ( all the stuff I love ) I cannot eat unless I want the symptoms of prostatitis to come back. Celiac Disease also known as ( leaking gut syndrome ) has been the factor of my prostatitis!

I am not A DOCTOR nor saying that you have celiac disease but it’s worth checking it out? A simple test to check if you are allergic to things is to eat them and see if you begin to FART a lot quite soon after and if your urine becomes dark.

Anyway all I can say is that when I stopped eating Dairy, Gluten ( Wheat, bread, spices etc.) Some vegetables, oils, some fruits, vinegar, tomato sauce, eggs, caffeine, some margarines I HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK!!!!! I have been off Antibiotics for Four years and have been pain free for Four Years. 

My sexual experiences are no longer painful, and my ejaculations have more pressure. My urine is no longer dark, I no longer drip or leak in my underwear and I no longer have to go to the toilet every 5 minutes. 

I am 44 years old now, just to think back now how some of my youth was wasted on pain and all because of diet. Yes my food is bland consisting of lots of red meats ( which probably isn’t healthy), fish and chicken with basmati rice and potatoes mainly. Soy milk and cereal, decaf tea and no coffee, but to wake up pain free and to go to bed pain free is a dream come true!!

It’s sad that none of the Doctors could help me.

I also discovered something really interesting!!!!!!! Its quite hard to follow a strict diet especially when your wife wants to go out to supper and you have to tag along and probably have something to eat too. Almost 9 times out of ten I have woken up the next day in pain because of something the Chef had missed out on not including into my food eg: olive oil etc. I usually drink lots of water and in two to three days the pain is gone, BUT I DISCOVERED HOW TO GET THE PAIN WAY DOWN IN JUST 20 TO 30 MINUTES!!!! Just eat a steak ( any red meat )  There seems to be something inside red meat that counters the allergies like an antidote!!! Whether it is the protein or something else I have no idea, all I know is that it works for me and FAST.

As I said I am NOT A DOCTOR and this is not a science or a tested healing method by any means, but I swear that this is what I have discovered and I am a new person because of it.

I hope this was helpful and I hope to God that you all get better soon whatever way works for you.

Regards,

​Wombal

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think that in common with most prostitis sufferers that my pain is worse during the night when laying down and improves when up and about but worsens if sitting for long periods.  
    • Posted

Ditto to that dekek. I find the best way to get rid of the pain is to go for a walk ( it seems to work for me) I found also that the ability to void was worst at night.)

I hope that helps

regards

Howard

PS. good luck for tomorrow derek.

• Posted

Yeah I suppose everybody is different and each to their own madness or what works for them.

Night time was also the worst for me after a long day, but after a nights rest I felt a bit better untill the next day took its toll on me again. 

As far as the diet is concerned, it’s not  so much about eating what  will make you better, but not eating what will  make you sick or cause an allergic reaction that matters. Lots of people are not even aware that they are allergic to things.

But whichever way you guys choose, I hope all works out fine. 

• Posted

Don't bother with that diet stuff and the health seeds that will cost you the earth.

get the GOLD STANDARD which is a  TURP. ( sorted ).

put in for one now you may get one in ten years time the way it's going.( unless of course you go private )

kind regards

Howard.

• Posted

A bit off topic but it is said that only men and dogs have prostates. We have always had bitches but have any of you had a dog with prostate problems and if so how was it dealt with?

Although the way dogs are always cocking their legs how would one notice it was going more than usual:-)

• Posted

Yeah I suppose everybody is different and each to their own madness or what works for them.

​Walks also helped me and especially vigorous  exercise, but with that said,

As far as the diet is concerned, it’s not  so much about eating what  will make you better, but not eating what will  make you sick or cause an allergic reaction that matters. Lots of people are not even aware that they are allergic to things.

But whichever way you guys choose, I hope all works out fine. 

• Posted

TURP is only Gold Standard for urologists who are not up to standard with latest treatments.
    • Posted

Well that told me..............LOL
    • Posted

Shorter recovery time, less post op bleeding, more accurate and less chance of incontinence or impotence.  

All comparisons now point away from old fashione TURP.

• Posted

PS After any of the procedures you can still get prostatitis.
    • Posted

a bit graphic but shows how it's done.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the YouTube link as the 2 reviews on it both say it is not typical of or a good example of TURP. Any user can search YouTube for TURP if they want to watch a video. If users want the specific link posted please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

This part I picked out for TURP derek

"This operation nearly always gives good relief of symptoms. "

as any thing is better than what I got ( I't will suit me )

kind regards

Howard

• Posted

It seems that other methods have not been around long enough to see how good they in the long term, Whilst turp has been around for a while, of course things can go wrong with what ever you have done. and seeing as only 1-2% of men with chronic Prostatitis get water retention and I happen to be one of those percent. I'm not holding my breath that things will be ok for me.

kind regards

Howard

• Posted

Bad choice! Seven million women in ths country have bladder problems.
    • Posted

PVP laser surgery started in this country in 2004 and a couple of years earlier in America. Prior to PVP they were doing Hulium laser in some hospitals in this country.
    • Posted

Yes but I will always have the last word and be right every time......LOL
    • Posted

That was in answer to your post (Bad choice! Seven million women in ths country have bladder problems.)
    • Posted

You know me so well:-) Remember I have had prostate problems for over twenty years and have read a lot about it and met many sufferers on line and in real life. I also used to correspond with Hernando Salcedo ex cheif urologist to the US Navy and writer of the now out of date but available on Amazon, The Prostate: Facts and Misconceptions.
    • Posted

The volatile Female lobby and their womens troubles get more attention than ours do. Too many men still do not even know that they have a prostate.
    • Posted

You got it Derek, I'm convinced that urolift and Holep are not more recommended for reasons that have nothing to do with patient comfort, quick and permanent relief of BPH sumptoms but for some other reasons. .  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.