prostatitis and my feelings

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv'e had prostatitis for 6 years now and I can't get over my feelings of how I could have gotten it. I was in a relationship during said time and the woman had her tubes tied and was not with anyone else. I never heard of prostatitis and thought I would be ok. Now 6 years later I am dealing with this awful disease and the guilt of feeling dirty. Does anybody else feel like this? It has put my life on hold. The dr. tells me that my urinary symptoms caused the prostatitis and the intimate relationship I was in was just coincidental. I had a TURP 6 years ago and now I can't ejaculate. That brings it up to a double whammy. I would like to get a response on here from someone else who has prostatitis and their feelings. Do you have the same feelings as I? I have such feelings of guilt about being in this relationship and not using protection. I am a clean person, but feel so, dirty. I'd love to get into a relationship, but the discomfort stops me from doing so. I pray for a miracle.  Iv'e always led a clean moral life. Do others feel this way?

Steve 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I take it that you did not test positive for any STD so it must be something else.

Prostatitis is most often caused by a bacterial infection of the prostate gland. Any bacteria that can cause a urinary tract infection can cause acute bacterial prostatitis. Some sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can cause bacterial prostatitis. These include chlamydia and gonorrhea.

• Posted

If she did have a UTI, could she have passed that on into my prostate? I tested negative for chlamydia and gonorrhea. I did have serious urinary issues at the time. Is it possible infected urine could have gotten into the prostate. It started with tingling at the tip of my pwnis. Took antibiotics and that went away. Had infected residual urine, a slow uine flow and many bladder stones.
  • Posted

Seems to me your emotions need as much or more attention than the physical issues. As a retired psychotherapist I obviously advocate getting some kind of counselling or talking therapy. You are presently making your life more miserable than it needs to be. Help is out there, and this forum is great, but physical meeting face to face will, I suggest, be much more effective. Best wishes.
    • Posted

Yes, I had that done 6 yrs ago when I had the Turp, neal. 
    • Posted

Perhaps that is the cause of the prostatitis, rather than the unfortunate night you spent.

I don't know how many actual biopsies you had, but picture stabbing a large needle through the UNSTERILIZED wall of your rectum directly into your prostate several 12? times. They sometimes give you oral antibiotics with a biopsy, but prostates are fatty organs, and it is difficult to get an effective dose of antibiotics into it by mouth. That is why prostatitis is so hard to cure.

The biopsy looks like a great way to give someone a prostatitis.

Neal

• Posted

I also have an MA in psychology, and I agree with Pepasan. It would probably be a comfort to you to speak with a counselor, not a pastor, about your feelings about that time you spent with the woman 6 years ago. As you know, those concerns can cause you as much pain as your prostatitis. Consider having both of your sources of pain addressed.

Neal

• Posted

I realize that, Neil and I am speaking to a counseler right now, but I have one other concern. When I had the turp done back in 2009, I had a funny feeling after the procedure that something JUST wasn't right. I have been to many Urologists that claim that everything up in that area is just fine, but are they doing the right tests on me??  I want to get rid of this and be normal like everybody else is. You don't know how much I do, But couldn't I at least find a Dr. whom this time would REALLY care and give me the chance that evey other human being on this site has for a normal life and everlasting happyness. I never hurt anyone in my life. It would be nice if someone could please just care and help me to find out what is wrong and get me back on the road to wellness and happiness once again.

Steve

• Posted

That's great that you are seeing a counselor.

Next you need a major university such as the Mayo Clinic. If you are in England, you need to point that out to your consultant, or perhaps your counselor can help get you the care you need.

Neal

• Posted

Great. So go to a major center and get the help you need!

Neal

• Posted

Hi Neil,

I go to the Dr on Monday.  Let me see what he says. ok !!. 

• Posted

Hi Neal,

What a joke! I went to the urologist today and it was the same old song and dance. Prostatitis does not concern them and so they file you out with all the other trash of patients that they will not bother to try to help. It seems as if their minds can't comprehend anything outside the line of knowledge that they were taught in college. BUT a true Dr. will try to see outside the line of experiences of things they were not taught about, but things they could learn in their line of practice. Such is the case with Prostatitis. We sufferers have to bring it to medical field awareness by somehow getting together with the medical community and saying " Hey We count, too."  Don't close your eyes to us, but please look at us and realise we are people, too. With an affliction. AND until you open your eyes and realise we exist WE will keep on bugging you to do MORE reserch on this Ugly disease that affects so many people who are lterally being turned out by the medical community. Beause it could affect you, Mr. young Urologist,  Prostatitis does not discriminate and if you aren't ready for it, The disease will take you and hold you in it's grasp. So shouldn't you do everything now. Help the people who come to your office. Find a way for them and then someday maybe if this disease comes knocking at your door you will be ready with the tools you need to fight this Horrible disease. For heavens sake have an open mind, not a closed one. I feel sorry for this young urologist.

So now I will open my eyes to a prostatitis clinic. There are people out there who hopefully want to help us.This disease Must be fought and it must be won. My heart goes out to the many people on the web site who are looking for help and can't find it with the local urologists.Their lives count too and these Drs.just prove over and over again how far behind we are to the rest of the world.

Steve

• Posted

When you find that clinic, please let us know.

The problem is that the money is in the surgery, not in passing out pills for prostatitis.

Neal

• Posted

I know, Neal. I will get back with you soon.         Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.