Prostatitis/Chlamydia Question

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I'm a 25 year old man and have had several long-term relationships with women and never had unprotected intercourse. With that being said, I started dating someone last Spring which I received oral sex from. (no sexual intercourse) Within a few weeks I had contracted Conjunctivitis in which I promptly sought medical help from my general doctor. Within 24-48 hours thereafter, I began having terrible burning pain within my urethra that was constant. (It was there with or without urination) I immediately made an appointment and went in to see my general doctor. He did a urine culture for various bacteria and sent me home to await the results. Several days later, he called and confirmed that I had tested positive for Chlamydia. He prescribed Doxycycline (100 mgs for 7 days). I did receive a call from the girl that I was dating that she tested positive for Chlamydia shortly after the call from my doctor. She said that she had been battling a sore throat for some time and seemed embarrassed. Needless to say, the entire situation was awkward for both of us, so we haven't seen one another since. I do give her credit for calling me to make me aware of her diagnosis. When I spoke with my doctor regarding her positive diagnosis, he said that I could get Chlamydia from oral sex and that it would also be responsible for my bout with Conjunctivitis.

After my 7 day course of Doxycycline, I began to feel much better. Unfortunately, that was short-lived. Within 7-8 weeks of my original diagnosis, my symptoms began to return. (Terrible burning pain and slight discharge) I once again went in to see my doctor and he said that the Chlamydia had most likely not been eradicated the first time and proceeded to put me on another course of Doxycycline, this one being for 10 days, same dosage. Within about 5 days, my symptoms once again ceased and I was feeling pretty well and continued to take the medication. By day 7, the burning urethral pain came back with a vengeance. I called my doctor, got an emergency appointment with him and he was surprised and wasn't sure why this was happening. He took me off the Doxycycline and put me on Levaquin at 100 mgs, once a day for 14 days.

I came home and promptly made an appointment with a Urologist in which I saw two days later. He examined me, did cultures and swabbings and did a DRE. When he did the DRE, the searing pain in my urethra increased five-fold, words cannot express the amount of pain this caused. He diagnosed me with Prostatitis, likely due to the recent Chlamydia infection that I had. He said that my Prostrate was "boggy" and was likely infected or terribly inflamed. He instructed me to continue with the Levaquin and gave me another prescription for an additional 14 days and wants to see me at the end of the month.

My main symptom is the burning urethral pain. It's constant and feels like someone has a blow torch to it. I don't have any testicular pain, back pain, difficulty in urination or pain upon ejaculation. It's such a constant pain that I can't seem to even think to study in class.

After returning home, I did some searching online and was quite terrified regarding some of the horror stories regarding Prostatitis/Chlamydia. It's probably best that I stay away from "Dr. Google" for a while.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them? If so, does it turn into a long-term chronic condition? I do realize that I'll likely have to be on antibiotics for an extended period of time but does this ever get better? I'm really afraid at the moment. Truth be told, I've had some chronic health conditions in the past in which I've dealt with extreme pain at times and nothing compares to this. I can't fathom feeling this terrible burning feeling in my urethra forever.

I've tried Motrin (for it's inflammatory properties) to no avail and hot baths as well in which I saw no difference in my pain levels. Laying on my back seems to intensify the pain whereas walking or standing does seem better, although it doesn't take the pain away.

On a side note, since my diagnoses, I haven't engaged in sexual intercourse of any kind. (Haven't received oral, either)

I would appreciate hearing any words of wisdom or thoughts on this matter. Thank you in advance.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Does anyone have any thoughts?

They would be greatly appreciated.

• Posted

I went through this i feel your pain ..I mess around witj three chicks here and there. .try metrodizole 500 mg kills trichomoniasis and try cipro and azithromycin make a cocktail from different prescriptions u get from different docs... say ur gf has trich to get some metrodizole 500mg it hard to detect in men..actually no test.... and lie to different doc a d say u have chylimidia or gonhrea to get the meds u need..remember doc will not give u unless u say...stand up for ur self...oh and if you got a super strand of gonhrea that is not curable get gentamicin 500mg or a shot it did my research kills the new stand of gonhrea
  • Posted

John are you still online? I hear your story and am wondering how you are today. 
  • Posted

Hi John,

my story is simmilar to your, with sad end.

It turned into a long-term chronic condition (since 2012), and to azoospermia sad

I received oral sex from one lady (she was not "clean" ) in FEB 2012, after 7 days I began having many problems like burning pain, itching, milky discharge...later on frequency, chronic pelvic pain, pain upon ejaculation... my Urologist did cultures and swabbing - enteroccocus faecalis was the only finding - which I couldn't believe to, but I trusted my Urologist and the lab results at that time.

So Urologist prescribed me Cipro for 5 days only to treat the UTI caused by enteroccocus... It really seemed to be effective, but unfortunately few days after last dosage, all the problems went back... I was given another Cipro, same results + they told me it was chronic and there was no cure for it...

After a year anf half (in Oct-2013), I asked my Urologist to completely re-test all STDs (we planned a baby with my girlfriend)... and they found Chlamydia (I am sure I must have been infected by Chlamydia in FEB 2012)...

So I was given Azithromycin to treat it, got re-tested and results was negative... but my chronic prostatitis was not healed (I think it was too late after Chlamydia destroyed my uro-genitaly system  - perhaps early diagnostic of Chlamydia and correct and sooner treatment could have healed the prostatitis and avoided turning into chronic desease and after-effects like azoospermia (which is most sadsad

• Posted

The thing I have to add id I don't remember the last time the Mrs gave me oral sex. I wish you the best with your situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.