Prostatitis - Wont go away - Given Levofloxacin & Vancomycin

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello All,

I hope to get some help here. Been suffering from Prostatitis for a year now. I have taken so many medicines with some luck. But the pain and discomfort seems to return.

Today i was just given Levofloxacin along with Vacomycin. I have tried Vaco before and felt great after taken medicine but seem to return.

The reason i was given this medicine was because my Urologist took a DRE sample. He mentioned to me that i could be on this medicine for a while.

Any luck with Levo or Vancomycin?

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hope you've checked that it isn't CPPS that is your problem!
    • Posted

Are you referring to Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome? How do you check for that?

Well my symptoms are usually as below:

-Pain on tip of penis

-Or pain inbetween testicles & anus

-Or pain on the groin (right side) which moves inbetween anus & testicles and inflammates my right side hip and my butt. Sometimes the pain goes to my inner thigh and down to the leg 

-Or pain in pubic area

-Or pain in anus as of something is inside pushing out

Also my DRE sample came back positive with enterococcus species

• Posted

CPPS can cause all those symptoms. Get to a physio that knows about CPPS and get examined. Prostatitis can lead to CPPS so one way or another you will probably have to learn about it.
    • Posted

Whitebeach,

So a physical therapist you think could assist? Also i thought about seeking acupuncture.

Also just read about a book called "Headache of the Pelvis". Not sure if youhave heard about it.

Thanks

• Posted

I think you should go to a physio to rule out CPPS. That area is all connected. Your prostate and bladder sit on top of the pelvic 'saddle' if that is 'cramping' it can send extreme pain to all the places you described. There are literally millions of men that have been told they have prostatitis but in fact they have CPPS which is treatable where as chronic prostatitis is very very difficult to treat.
    • Posted

Whitebeach,

Sure i will try to google Exercise physiologists in my area.

Also i plan to buy the book i mentioned above. And yes you are correct Chronic Prostatitis is extremely difficult. This has been a battle for a year now with very little improvement.

• Posted

You need a pelvic pain pysio. It is a specialty most pysios will not know much about it. Where are you?
    • Posted

Whitebeach,

I live in Texas. What do you recommend to google search?

Sorry i always depend on google.

• Posted

Hello Jha.I am trying to understand.  You have a infection of the prostate.  Now he did a DRE do you have something wrong with your colen.  Becuse I looked up the last 2 meds he put you on and they are both for colitis.  Did you doctor tell you anything else.  I was in the hospial last year with Sepsis. Almost died.  White blood cell count was ove25.000.  Had iv's for 20 days.  It hit eveything.  I had alot of pain with that infection even in the groin.  It hurt so bad sometime i felt like someone was trying to pull them off.  Stay on the meds and try to get more information from your doctor and drink alot of fluids  Good Luck     Ken  
    • Posted

Hello Kenneth,

No not that i know of. That was not mentioned. I have ben seeing my Urologist for about a year now. He has been trying his best to help cure my Prostate issue. Its been a battle of ups and downs.

How did you get Sepsis. Im not familiar with that.

So far the best luck i have had is Vancomycin. But seems to come back.

• Posted

I got it from taking a antibiolic for a bladder infection.  I took it for 7 days and I was fine untill I got food posioning. Had noting to fight back.  It hit my colon bladder kidneys and blood.  Doctor say I had it for at least 6 weeks.  I also wen into agute kindey failure.  Make sure you take your meds.  a infection can get bad quick.  Did he to a blood check  Ken   
    • Posted

Kenneth,

Yes we did a blood test. We actually did 2. One was last year (Sept 2014) to check for all STD's and HIV, etc.. All came back negative. And recently in May we checked to see if i had early symptoms of Prostate cancer.

What blood work are you referring too? The ones i listed above?

Thanks 

• Posted

When I got to the hospital They check my white blood cell count  It was over 25.000 It seam your  doctor is trying to help Hopehe fines ut soon Ken 
    • Posted

Ken,

Yes me too as well. For the next few weeks it will be solid meds.

I can only it works. Will keep yall posted.

• Posted

There is no medication available that will help, whethere Rx or over the counter or herbal. I have tried them all for years and some have bad side effects. Beware of TV informercials trying to sell you. They are all scams taking advantage of BPH sufferers.
    • Posted

Lester,

Yes i feel the same way considering i have taking so many meds. I can only cross my fingers and hope the meds work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.