Prostrate Cancer question

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in July with a low PSA score of 6.2 , I guess I am one of the luckier ones as I was told my PC was a none aggressive type and after another blood test PSA reading of 5.8 I decided to go on active surveillance rather than have any treatment however I had my first 12 wk reading back today and my PSA has risen to 6.8 (5.8 last time) which has left me wondering shall I go for the treatment or not. My prostrate is also enlarged so maybe that is a factor of a rise in my PSA .

Advice appreciated with anyone who's had similar experience!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Following a Cystoscopy procedure, the Urologist actually found a low grade Bladder cancer which has now been removed, that is the good news. However, I still have discomfort peeing which has been ongoing for 9 weeks now.  I think personally you should have it sorted sooner than later, but they don't always explain the side effects.  In my case I had no option.  Hope all goes well!

• Posted

Frankly, dont worry. My PSa went upto 6.9 - prompting me to have an MRI scan. It showed all clear but a prostate 6 x times its normal size.  Consultant said enlarged prostate will give you higher PSA readings. His test showed 8.0.

Ask him/her about Protec study at Oxford which monitored lower level prostate cancer patients for 15 years. Result was those having surgery etc had same life span as those watching and observing.  Note that surgery can have some undesirable side effects that your wife/girl friend might not appreciate!

• Posted

About 4 months ago I went to a Urologist because of low T...he gave me a series of 3 T shots, one every 2 weeks ,and at the end of 3 weeks I went back for a final evaluation. My blood work showed very high T and I did not feel any better. My urine flow got compromised as a result doc prescribed Max Flow. I took it for approx 4 days an got a serious neck pain. X rays, nothing . the next few days chest and back pains, severe! I thought I was having a heart attack, read about flow max and saw the side effects, stopped taking it and all my pains went away in 24 hrs..Flow Max is s very dangerous med for some of us...I don't reccomend it

• Posted

The moderator blocked my last response to you with information on 

1 My condition which is like your,

2 Options I found. 

3 the solution I have choosen.

FL Ablation. equals No sexual side effect, day surgery go home that afternoon, can redo or do anyother treatment if not successful, fast recovey, done many times and FDA approved. 

Best of all the consultaion and evalution is totally free and he showed no pressure on me or my wife to make a decision. Most professional and ethical Interventional Radiology I have ever met in any Doctor I have met in 65 years. So if you want more contact or let me know, I will personal message you the infor. 

Don't really understand this Moderators reluctance for us sharing contact infomation. If we can help each other we should. 

Good Luck.

• Posted

Hi J

Thanks for the reply , since I got the news of my PC I ve been thinking about the focal treatment for all the reasons you stated , my only concern was i think it's still in trial period here in the U.K. as it's realitively new to the medical world , can I ask have you had the focal treatment done yet ? would really be interested in finding out as much as possible and its success rate. Thanks ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.