Prozac causing nervousness after 4 weeks?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone experiece nervousness after taking Prozac for 4 weeks? I was ok up until a few days ago. It's not anxiety but a nervous feeling in my stomach. I find it very strange since I haven't had it before. Not sure if it's related to the Prozac or not but it's very bothersome! I don't have any reason to feel nervous at all. I read that nervousness is a side effect but I've been taking this for 4 weeks and havent had any problems up until a few days ago. Any input would be appreciated!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What you describe sounds like your adrenalin, which is severely disrupted with anxiety, I get similar feelings even after 14 weeks on Flouextine (I liken it to going on a fair groubd eise) but not as often or severe, all fight or flight responses I.e serotonin are controlled via the stomache which is why one of the common side effects of flouextine are nausea etc.

It will settle down but try some breathing exercises if it bothers you but remember no harm will come to you so try to stay as relaxed as you can

• Posted

Ugh, yeah you're exactly right. It does sound like adrenaline. Thank you!

• Posted

Yes 4weeks is when it's getting in your system same with me We will be fine just have to stick it will get better.

• Posted

Thanks, I'm taking this for anxiety and am wondering how long I should give it before I up my dose. I'm seeing my dr today for my 4 week visit but I'm not sure four weeks is enough time to judge how well it's working. What do you think?

• Posted

Try to give it at least 8 weeks, I was offered to up my dose several times by doctor but I refused which I am glad I waited as 20mg is helping after 8 / 9 weeks. (Doctors do tend to over perscribe) The best way is too not anticipate when you will expect to feel better, take everyday as it comes. It's a slow road to recovery but you will get better, I have anxiety and panic disorder and same adrenaline surges but I am slowly recovering and it's been 14 weeks but I am a lot more positive than I was

• Posted

Thank you! Unfortunately i saw my dr after I saw your post and he did up my dose. I guess I will stick it out and see if things get any better. I'm just worried the Prozac is causing this nervousness since I never had it before and it came on at the 4 week mark. Fingers crossed things dont get any worse.

• Posted

I'm on my 4th week, in week 2-3 I was awful, so scared, felt sick, bad stomach and had just utter FEAR running through me.  Went to Doc and she said it was probably anxiexty as opposed to side effects, gave me Diazapam and I've been loads better since.  Don't feel ill now, still a bit scared (but that's work related), so think the diazapam helped the anxiety.

Though today I feel really low & have just cried my eyes out!   I guess like everyone else says, its up & down, good & bad days....  Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

I felt pretty good until week 2.5 when I had two really bad days then I had a bunch of good days followed by the nervousness that came out of nowhere! I saw my dr yesterday and he upped my dose. I'm really scared it will make things worse. I also have diazapam to help but I only take it when i absolutely have to so since it's addicting and you build a tolerance but it does really help. thanks for your input!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.