Prozac side effects!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all!

Im on week 2 of prozac now. Was on it for 8 years prior and i loved it, it changed my life! but it stopped working and i tried all diff meds and none worked. So here i am back on prozac! My doc says sometimes our

bodies need a break from meds. So im hoping this works again like it used to!

I just don't remember the side effects when starting up! Its been so long!

Anyone have like extreme tiredness? Like i feel like during the day my eyes could just shut on their own! Its so weird. I know it has to be the prozac but of course im worried about it!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi andrielle, i also went back to fluoxetine after trying many others & yes have had extreme tiredness with it but have started to feel good again. The fatigue is extremely difficult to deal with especially if you're trying to work. Hope things get better for you.
  • Posted

Amongst other side effects, the tiredness, lethargy, yawning, general malaise are the most annoying, but probably the easiest to deal with I found. The answer was (for me) to go on a walk, for no reason. Just to be out doing something. Go to bed when you need to, not when you are expected to. It will settle - may take another few weeks, but it will get better.

It gets worse if you add on insomnia or broken sleep at night. If you dont have these, you have a chance of keeping some sanity throughout your mind and body's adjustment.

It is strange that the side effects can be different for each time you start or when adjusting dosages.

Good luck and be patient if you can smile

• Posted

Thank you both for your responses! Makes me feel better!

Ive also been experiencing like an internal shaking. Its hard to explain. Its almost like ive had too much caffeine when i havent had any at all. Its weird. Im guessing this is a side effect as well?

• Posted

Yes the shaking inside is a side effect - it was so bad at times that I had to keep checking my hands to see if they were shaking, but it only lasted a couple of weeks. The worse side effects I had was feeling sick all the time & thinking I could not swallow. Once you get past these initial side effects each day is better & better x
    • Posted

Im hoping it doesnt last long, it is not very fun! Had it all day today, didnt go away at all! Thank you for your input tho it does make me feel better.
  • Posted

I'd kinda forgot about the shaking!

I still have the white noise with me, that reminds me constantly of what I'm on.

Sometimes the feeling is great, others ... meh!

I've been up and down on dosages (my own fault) so much, I'm waiting again right now to settle again.

Ah-well!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.