Prozac users

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been taking 5mg of Prozac for 4weeks ,has anyone else taken that low dose? Because I'm so sensitive to all medicine. Worst side effect nausea and very sleepy.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline,

I've read of people taking only 5 mg but they usually gradually work up to higher doses. I started on 5mg last week and did that for 4 days and now im taking 10mg. Had a bit of an anxious day yesterday and still feeling a bit weird today.

Do you feel any benefit from 5mg? Whats your illness?

• Posted

I started out at 2.5 doc wanted me to take 5 but I was to scared to take the 5. First three days were really bad slept and anxiety was high. As the days went on it got better then it would drop then get better today has been two weeks and yesterday I woke up feeling fine but had decided to up my meds by. 1/4 of a pill I felt like crap the rest of the day. Woke up this morning and felt great didn't wanna take my meds cuznim didn't wanna feel like crap again. So I called the doc she said that the 2.5 was really just irritating the anxiety to up it to 5. The 2.5 was not even enough to help me at all even tho it had been knocking down my anxiety every morning after I took it until yesterday. Well I was scared to take the 5mg but did anyway and let me tell u today has been GREAT!!! I do however feel like i drank 10 cans of red bull. Well my brain dose anyway. It has been about 4 hrs and that seems to be calming down. But everything else feels great so far I just hope it stays this way cuz I'm so sick of feeling like crap!!! I wish U luck and maybe give your doc a call maybe u need to up it cuz I would think you should be feeling some what better by now. Hope this helps u

• Posted

Ive noticed the same thing happening to me, after i increase the dose slightly i have a couple of really good days. I even cleaned my room which i had been way too depressed and anxious to do previously. Interesting! But then i crashed again yesterday. Just wish it would level out and stay good, but it's only early days.

• Posted

Only 8 days. I started on 5mg for 4 days and now im on 10mg.
    • Posted

So we r close to the days well let me tell u... It may seem like it's not getting better but it will! Why be in taking the meds? I'm taking it due to GAD which I developed after getting my nexplanon taken out (birth control)

• Posted

Thanks for sharing smile

I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and OCD. The past 2 months before the fluoxetine have been hell for me. So keen for these pills to kick in. Its been nice to have a couple of good days on them. Fingers crossed more are coming.

• Posted

Did anything cause this like mine did or just something u have had? Keep your head up things get better. I was told when ever u up the med it gets bad again until it levels out again. Last time I was on the meds I was on 15mg and was great so I'm working go on getting back there. This was a year ago the only reason I stopped taking it was cuz I was on birth control and I was bleeding clots bad so a different doc cuz mine was out of town took me off and put me on Effexor which caused me to have serotonin syndrome which can kill u if not taken care of ASAP. That's why I'm going so slow at taking this time around

• Posted

Aww so good to hear you've been on it before and had a good experience. Do you remember how long it took last time to level out and work well?

I have chronic fatigue syndrome and i started having a really bad flare of horrible fatigue and weakness about 8 weeks ago and my anxiety went out of control. I never thought i would be at this place now because i thought my body was healing but apparently not rolleyes i was doing well mentally before this crash but now i honestly feel like im losing my mind at times.

• Posted

I'm sorry I do not remember how long it took but I do remember calling my

Mom one day saying OMG this stuff is amazing! I go to bed every night saying tomorrow is gonna a good day and it's the first thing I say in the morning I wish I could give u something I read that helped.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Also I'm 100% positive the ups and downs have to do

With your cycle as well

• Posted

Yup i do im trying to private message you on here but im on my phone and can't seen to find the option. Can you message me?

• Posted

Yes thank you.I was at E R last night with panicatt

Yes thank you. I was at E R last night with panic attacks, I took half 5mg Prozac,it just makes me so sick,flushing in face out of control when I take it,just been taking 5 mg for  month today I don't think I'm going to be able to take this medicine . Maybe just take Xanax.dont know what to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.