Psoriasis in my scalp

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi , I have psoriasis in my head that is driving me mad .... Itchy all day and terrible flakes ..... I currently use etrivex shampoo and also capasal shampoo ....... I have also been prescribed diprosalic for the scalp ....... These sometimes keep it at bay , but was wondering if anyone else had any other ideas for treatment ...... Many thanks Craig 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have struggled all my life with the same thing, Craig and I have yet to find a cure.  Many things relieve the condition, but it never goes away for me, and I'm  talking 40 years or so of suffering.  I have the same problem with my nails, do you? 

I will be interested to see if you get any helpful replies.  Sorry I couldn't help, but I CAN commiserate and hope that you find what you are looking for.

Pat.

• Posted

Hi pat , thanks for replying ... As for my nails , touch wood , I haven't had any problems with them ......and yes , hopefully someone will give me an answer that will help .... Take care , Craig 
    • Posted

Hi Pat. Not sure of your situation as I'm in Australia, but there are biologics in the market which are covered by nhs or fda or whatever health scheme you guys have. I will tell you what I've used that worked 99.9%. Cyclosporine worked great. From severe psoriasis to a spot behind my leg in 2 week. I have tried methotrexate but it was poison to me. I was on a trial for an interleukin drug for 2 years and within the first week all my p was completely flat! So look into trials if possible for you. Let me know how you go. Johann
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply Johann.  I will certainly look into those things you mentioned.  I am in the UK by the way.

Thank you again,

Pat.

• Posted

I found that applying the cream at night and wearing a shower cap in bed increased the effectivemess of the cream. No the best "look" I know but maybe worth a try? All the best Craig I hope you find somthing that works.
    • Posted

Hi . Thanks for your reply , I will try that , I agree not the best look , but it's worth a go .... Thanks 
  • Posted

Hi Mark

It sure is a nightmare when it itches, but I use Eucerin shampoo and find it really helps such a lot and is very calming, and it certainly stops it from itching, I also use Bentavate cream around my hairline when it's really sore and red and it really helps no end

• Posted

Sorry that should have said Roosterman not Mark
    • Posted

Hi carol, Thanks for getting in touch , I'll look into these products and give them a go , hopefully they will help me too , thanks again , Craig
    • Posted

You are very welcome Craig, I hope they work for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.