PSORITIC ARTHRITIS AND INJURY

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have unilateral PSA, and the odd thing I have noticed is that it occurs in the joints where I have had previous injuries, foot, knee, elbow and shoulder.

Just as arthritis would do. Anyone else found this or am I just pulling stuff out of thin air???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rach 

you have a good point there i would think that the Arthristis is able to attack those joints because the have already been damaged and are there for weaker and eaiser for the disease to attack. 

Rob 

• Posted

I know an injury or trauma can kick the disease in. I originally went to the doctors with what I thought was a sprained ankle. Unfortunately this got ignored because my knees etc started swelling and going black which is when they diagnosed PRA. I thought the ankle swelling was part of that an in all the mess of being put on MTX etc ignored it. I have now found out that there was trauma to my ankle which is now it repairable but that this trauma was probably the cause of the PRA kicking off.

If that all makes sense! 😊☀️

• Posted

I imagine that a previous injury would have had an inflammatory process going on - so there's logic, even if there's no medical evidence as yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.