ptsd and rape

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm back again It's Sam, nickname Frances, been out for a while due to no computer connection.  Need female support and hugs, was raped at 19 and buried it for 22 years, tried counselling, speaking to a c.b.t therapist and my doctor, the last one was the best I'd have to say!  I am trying to conceive and have found the c.b.t has highlighted ptsd due to events in the past  ie this.  Don't like sex all sorts of hang ups due to my past and nearly lost a really close friendship due to this, just feel dreadful as I'm sure but need evidence that it is events from the past that are stopping me from conceiving.  Does anyone know where I can turn or what I can do next, just desperate to have someone else share my life, am aged 42 and feel he's ruined my chances forever!  Please help this is SO hard!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have it happen to me and find it hard to cope I have my partner for support but still hard to cope with no support from health care
    • Posted

Finally someone who understands me, I feel like I've made a breakthrough!  My doctor's surgery are chasing my medical records off my old doctor's now (who used to work at the surgery) to see just how far he got, even though hearing this will be crushing but my new doctor will no doubt support me like she has all along!  Can I ask you if you successfully had children after this as this seems to be my stumbling block now, I'm convinced that what has happened to me will put pave to that and then he's won completely, it's breaking my heart and fractruing my marriage!
    • Posted

I haven't had children yet as I am only 23 at the moment. I have had another of issues after being raped twice and assault as well and child abuse survior
    • Posted

It's awful to think that someone else had had this done to you, these people need jailing and locking up for good, I chop things off personally, so they walk funny with a bee-gees type accent!  I hate my attacker, but I still want to know what he did because I still feel he has a lot to answer to and has disrupted my life for too long.  I have nearly lost my marriage and best friend through this, I am no longer trusting of anyone and am just getting worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.