Pulling sitches

Posted , 6 users are following.

I still feel my sitches pulling every so often and I had my hysterectomy a year ago in Nov does anybody still get this

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry I don't have answers too that I'm new too this site and having a hard time joining the discussion. I'm 35 my name is Dawn and I'm getting a full hysterectomy in November I'm nervous my uterus lining is 3 inches thick had a biopsy last week still waiting for results,my period are awful have a little cyst on my left on but I heard it's good too keep them if you can! Is the surgery bad? I heard the healing process is hard!

• Posted

No you won't feel a thing it will be over before you know it just take it easy and make sure you got someone to look after you just take a little walk each day and no heavy lifting or housework takes about eight weeks to recover I wish you all the best

• Posted

Hi Dawn don't worry Hun I also had thickening of the womb, I am much older than you Hun I am 8 days post op, the operation went really well unfortunately I had an infection but am gaining now you will be fine just take care x

• Posted

Thank you so much I have little babies and just nervous. I'm sorry Caroline if I took away from your question thank you ladies so much for answering too me. My baby doc 15 months ago did a D&C after I delivered my daughter I have 4 kids all vaginally anyway the after birth wouldn't come out so long story short he left alot of junk in me!! Explains why I feel icky all the time. Guess my doc now is going through my belly button to remove this .

• Posted

Hi dawn just had mine done 3 weeks ago .. my lining was also very thick due to me never having a period..They took everything from me which I wanted them to.. My bladder was stuck to my uterus but he was able to get it off the hysterectomy was easy.. but he did nick my bladder by mistake and I did go home a catheter. . I have to say if I didn't have this catheter it would of been a cake walk...lol very little pain.. You will be fine don't get your self worked up . I know that's easier said then done... But there has been alot of us on this site that has been ok and you will be also..

• Posted

I don't know if you would still have stiches after a year Dawn. Maybe it's your insides just shifting around. But you should contacted your doctor and ask.

• Posted

Thats what happened to me my womb wad stuck toy bladder but I'm OK now

• Posted

Thanks I will I think it's probably cos I do quite a physical job it's only now and again

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

If you had dissolving sutures, they should have dissolved by now.  However, it's common to develop scar tissue.  

If it continues to bother you, I suggest you go see your doctor.

• Posted

Ok so my biopsy came back negative for cancer which is great news I have horrible heavy periods that last seven to nine days miserable crampy so I have a choice of NovaSure procedure or should I just do the full hysterectomy
    • Posted

Hi Dawn,

I looked at the NovaSure procedure on-line at their site. Have you looked into it, and the possible side effects?

As to the hysterectomy, I don't know how old you are--do you want to keep your ovaries?  If you do and you can, you should be okay.  If you do a total hysterectomy, you'll loose your uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes and your ovaries, which will put you immediately into menopause.

Some women find peri-menopause and menopause a terrible experience; some don't.  I think it depends upon their physiology.  Everyone's different! xx  

• Posted

Already over Heat my periods are terrible I'm 35 years old I have 4 children don't want anymore I have no desire to do anything with my husband I bleed so bad I get bacterial vaginosis all the time I guess I'm just scared of surgery because I haven't ever had it except for wisdom teeth but that's really nothing I have a 15 month old daughter 7 year old daughter and nine year old daughter and a seventeen-year-old son I guess I'm just afraid of dying or something

• Posted

Hi Dawn I have 3 children and they are all in there teens I'm 47 and just had a total hysterectomy 3 weeks ago... I never had a period in my life ( children are fertility babies)

And just this past year I would bleed for 25 days straight heavy with big clots.. I also am very hypertension so blood pressure runs stroke level always. And I just wasn't healthy was told I had PCOS. So my Gyno decide to do a hysterectomy which he wasn't going to take my ovaries and I thought about it read up on it and said no if he was going to this let's take it all.. I'm a firm believer take it all so nothing can grow ... So what if I go into early menopause there is meds for that..So here I am 3 weeks later and I feel good. .besides the doctor nicking my bladder and having to come home with a Catheter which is now gone.. I feel good better I don't feel bloated and no cramping just all around better and my blood pressure has come down.. So really think about it read up on information talk to your doctor .. Good luck and please keep us updated..

• Posted

Will do so it's not like a major surgery right? I want to keep at least one ovary for hormones I think lol. Do they do Test to make sure u healthy for surgery? I mean I have had 4 kids I'm sure I can handle this smileish heard it's not a long surgery I weigh about 145 and think I'm pretty healthy don't smoke or drink often. My doc says she will do it through my belly button and I hope they five lots of pain meds aftter

• Posted

No its not like major surgery but you need to take it easy no lifting vacuuming you need to heal. And yes you can keep an ovary. all I had befor surgery was a scan and blood work.. and yes I had I think 5 little holes and threw my belly button.. I never really had alot of pain my pain was mostly because he nicked my bladder and I was to stay in hospital one night but I stayed over a week because of my bladdER.
    • Posted

Hi Dawn, with my apologies to you and Tish, I must respectfully disagree.  Any time an organ is removed I believe that it is major surgery.  Though there aren't large incisions on the outside. Other organs, like the intestines and bladder shift a bit. The small outer incisions can take up to 8 weeks to heal, internally, it can take 6 months, and some women don't recover for a year, that is, start to feel healthy and fit again.

Each woman's body reacts differently and heals at a different pace.  When I had my surgery, I was warned not to lift anything heavier than a half gallon milk carton for six weeks, no housework, either.  You must be gentle with yourself, take it easy and give yourself time to heal.  xx    

• Posted

Thank you I'm gonna do it I love my doctor thank goodness I appreciate all of you it helps me accept this !!

• Posted

Dawn and Lynda don't get me wrong it is surgery but with out having that big incision I don't think it's major I have had both and yes your not to lift or do anyrhing for 8 weeks and that's what I said. But having a big incision there is a big difference. With everything bending getting up, streching there is a difference but yes every one is different at how they deal with pain. I was saying how my experience was and how I feel about my hysterectomy.

• Posted

Hi Tish,

I'm really grateful that you did so well, despite having your bladder nicked!  xx

• Posted

Your right there it is major surgery luckily I had very good surgeon and recovered well you do need at least eight weeks off as I did
    • Posted

dawn you do not lose your ovaries if you have a TOTAL hysterectomy, everythinģ else yes. I had a vaginal one in May. Write down your questions and ask your consultant before op. Good luck x
    • Posted

I'm so nervous but this is gonna be life changing for the best my periods run my life

• Posted

You feel alot better once you've recovered I kept getting bleeding all the time during menopause best thing I did having a hysterectomy in the end

• Posted

Yes and I can't wait just the surgery part of course freaks me out I'm just gonna tell them too sedate me right away or I'm running smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.