Put on 60mg Lansoprazole a day

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I am suffering with very bad heartburn,sour taste and numb tongue and burning throat.

My doctor started me on 30mg a day 5 weeks ago. Didn't do anything so she said take 2x30mg a day. I've been taking these for 3 weeks now. Since then I've noticed my heartburn is worse,I feel nauseous,have an awful headache every day. My mouth tastes horrible and my tongue burns. I am a 46 year old woman. Are these side effects of lansoprazole? Forgot to say tight chest! Many thanks.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle 

i have to say if you are taking 30mg and they make your heartburn worst they are not the right meds for you,after trying all the others I have been taking 30 mg morning lunchtime and early evening for 4 years now they work immediately if I forgot to take one boy my body would feel it I can't even swallow because of the pain of it trying to get down,I was alcohol

dependant and will be on this kind of meds for the rest of my life, go back to

your GP it's trial and error you will find the best one for you in the end.Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.