Pv questions

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with pv last September. I had to have phlebotomy's every week up until April of this year. I had to move in with my daughter as I got sick and couldn't work. My primary care physician had me on so much medication which didn't help. My question is does pv go away on its own? I don't have insurance right now so I haven't been to the Dr to have my blood checked since April

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

PV can be controlled but not cured. I would suggest you be checked again soon. Good luck.
  • Posted

also there is a medication that will keep your numbers under control. I take it and I have only had to have blood taken to reduce hemocrit one time.
    • Posted

Are you having any symptoms? My Dr's never explained to me anything about this illness. I just got so sick and like I said my primary care physician doped me up to the point I couldn't even function and I had to quit my job. I was hospitalized in November and had a mri on my head and they told me I had a stroke at some point but it was an "old one". Then they put a pic line in because they were having trouble getting blood out without it clotting and they were going to send me home with it in there but decided that that would be dangerous for infections. Sorry this is so long I just really feel like I was in shock when that was going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.