Question

Posted , 5 users are following.

How soon after surgery were you able to bear any weight??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had he minimum invasive technique surgery and started weight bearing day 10. My doctor is part of the aggressive recovery group.
  • Posted

I started weight bearing at 6 weeks.  Before that I would do "toe touch" weight bearing but I don't think that's what you mean.

• Posted

I was weight bearing in the boot after 4 weeks and then straight after might boot was off I was walkin I had a limp and still have after 7 months but I partial torn mine 16 weeks after surgery and got put back in the boot but that was full weight bearing straight away second time the faster ye get it stretch out the better
  • Posted

Thanks everyone. I am so frustrated as I can't put any weight on the leg yet and it's been a little over 4 weeks since my surgery. I can't even move my toes yet..

• Posted

The first time, I had surgery and my doctor started letting me do toe touches at 3 weeks and then I progressed to full weight bearing over the next 3 weeks.  When I reruptured it, I was non weight bearing for 4 weeks and then within 3 days, he had me full weight bearing but then I took longer to reduce the angle my heal was elevated. 
    • Posted

So have you none yours twice aswell how long ago did you do it and how are you felling now
    • Posted

I re-ruptured mine about 10 weeks after the first surgery.  The second time, they said they wanted me to heal non-operatively.  I'm defiitely mobile and have gone through 3 physical therapists to find the right combination of strength and stretching.  It's been 6 months and I can't run and have to stretch and do PT twice a week still (painful PT, I might add) but I'm getting there.  Still swelling in the evening.  

• Posted

Was it a complete rupture the second time aswell I only partial tore mine 2 cm up from my original rupture am 6 month from first and 2 1/2 months from my partial tear gettin pain in the centre of my calf all day and when I walk they said that's normal it's your calf starting to work again but it's not nice pain plus gettin pain in my heal which is annoying mine still slightly swollen of a night and in I stop movin for longer that and hour it's stiffens up its a long hard process isn't it it one of thoughs were ye have to do it to understand how hard it is to get over

• Posted

I cant find any information about why movement is restricted. I tore my tibialis anterior post op 6 weeks and I physically can't move my foot up. Everyone says its normal but I can't understand why? it feels like something is blocking its movement rather then a weakness of the muscle or pain (i know this is an achillies thread but TA tendon seems to be a rare injury and achillies is its counter part) Where you guys unable to move your feet even if you had the strenght to do it? like a block?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.