Question

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took ibuprofen for two days and advil pm earlier. I've been on prosac 20mg for about 2 months. I'm pretty scared right now because I remember reading Ithat could cause stomach bleeding. I hope it that I ate something bad or needed to use the bathroom or if it's anxeity messing with me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have been on Prozac for several years. I have taken brufen on occasion within the stated guidelines for doseage and have been fine. If you are really worried ask your g.p. I know exactly how you feel about the anxiety but it will get better it took a while for me but it was worth it

Kind Regards

Linda

• Posted

Don't worry, iveI've taken it with ibuprofen before and i have gerd, for which I take ranitadine. I've also got to have an op that will mean me taking a really high dose for a week and they are not worried about that. I think if you were taking it long term they would give you somehing to protect your stomach.

• Posted

I was told by the pharmacist thats its ok to take ibroprofen with flu as long as you leave it a few hours before taking (don't take together) and take a anti acid tablet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.