Question about your cystoscopy experience

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had two, one before each TURP surgery.  But, with the screen slightly behind my head, I couldn't really crane my neck to see clearly what the doctor was seeing,  Also, The screen was an older CRT, so the picture wasn't that clear.  I asked before my second cystoscopy whether it would be possible to have a video recording done so I could view it later, and I was told they had no recording capability.

Is this farily standard?  What was your experience?   I did actually get a set of 4 color photos from the second TURP, as the equipment in the operating area seem to be more modern.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you want to be closely watched whilst you do some fairly difficult task? I think if the video is not in your line of view, it is because the doctor does not want it that way, especially in a litigeous country like USA
    • Posted

I recognize that the doctor has to see what's going on.  That's crucial.  Even having a mirror so the patient can see the screen would be a help.

• Posted

The last one I had was so painful I was trying to get off the table! The last thing on my mind was looking at a screen!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.