Quetiapine Induced Hallucinations?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just wondered if anyone's experienced this when they hit a certain dose?

It started for me when I hit 300mg IR and I never got it below those doses.I've noticed it a few times now recently when I'm laying in bed after taking it and I think I see really bizarre things like the duvet at the end of my bed folding up into some weird kind of shape and appearing to move towards me surprised

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have also experienced strange visions and total fear upon waking that something is there, my panic was completely awful, the good news is it settled after a few weeks and no current problems.

How long have you been on that dose ?

As from experience, everytime I have increased dosage I have had these problems but passed given time.

Hope this helps

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi Mike17373, I get hallucinations without taking Seroquel XR at 200 mg, as I started getting auditory hallucinations prior to being prescribed Seroquel XR; however, the visual hallucinations started after the first few weeks of starting this medication.
  • Posted

I've been taking 800mg IR at night for 2 years now. It also made me hallucinate at first. Actually saw things flying around too and things would "melt" almost like plastic. One thing that worked for me was by splitting the dosage. Like 200mg at 18h00 and the other 600mg at 20h00. From there on i got used to taking 800mg.

Quetiapine does make a lot op people paranoid. My heart used to race and hearing the weirdest noises etc. but it's the only anti-psychotic that works for me. I went on to 1200mg IR a month ago, for during the day too. 200mg morning 200mg afternoon and 800mg at 20h00. Stuff relaxes me more than benzodiazepines, realy takes away a lot of anxiety So maybe just push through for a while and see what happens?

• Posted

The hallucinations did pass after a few weeks of the new dose.

I've always tried to stick out any initial side effects as I know Quetiapine is, to me, the most poweful anti-anxiety drug I've encountered when it's working properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.