Quiting suboxone cold turkey and I'm 23 days sober!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's started 8yrs ago with painkillers then whatever I could get my hands on!! Then this past 3yrs I been on suboxone with the intent of getting clean buthe that just wasn't happening n I was tired of it being a part of my everyday life and depending on it so I decided to quit cold turkey!! I'm not gonna sugar coat it n say it was easy bc it was definitely the hardest thing I ever had to go through!! The insomnia n rls got the best of me n I was lucky if I slept 5hrs in 7 days but by day 10 I was finally able to sleep tonight 5 n 6 hours a night!! 23 days sober today and I couldn't be happier!! I've gotten life back in me that I never knew I had!! So whoever is struggling plz don't give up!! There is light at the end of tunnle!!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm still tossing and turning but I never ever in my adult life slept very good, well only a few times a year I really felt rested (recurring nightmares) ...I was on that butrans 8 months for a used up construction worker body and I think somewhere after a couple months all the side affects started fogging my life over ...not to mention my wallgreens pharmacy was making it difficult for me. My prescription states replace every 7 days refill every 28 days ..yet my wallgreens thinks monthly ,jan,feb,March..., yet as we were taught in grade school several months are not 28 days long they are longer usually and that patch was lucky to stay on the full 7 days to boot. It was a tap dance I was done with finally. You stay strong...all of you. If you just change 1 thing in your life make a good change , warmest regards!

• Posted

I've always slept well n never had a problem sleeping until quiting cold turkey but it's much better now!! I can also relate to all the pharmacy trouble been through the hassle myself it was a nightmare!! Im proud to say I'm 24 days sober today!! I wish anyone out there the best of luck and if your fighting the battle don't give up n don't look back!! Keep fighting it does get better!!

• Posted

That's great news Stacey!!!  I am so happy for you.  I have been on 2 1/2 8mg subutex a day.  I want to stop and get off it but I am so scared od the withdrawls.  It's encouraging to hear that others have benn able to make it through and get off it for good!  Thanks for sharing your experience!

• Posted

Thanks Melissa! I was on 3mg suboxone daily when I quit cold turkey!! I started at 18mg!! 3 years later they only had me down to 3MG n I just didn't want it apart of my life anymore!! I'm not gonna say it's easy but ya just gotta keep pushing n don't give up no matter how bad ya feel bc there is light at the end of the tunnle!! Best of luck to you and I hope you succeed!!

• Posted

Well done Stacey, I'm on day 12 of withdrawals from opiods and I'm finding the last couple of days to be the hardest, i take 3 X 75mg tapentadol/palexia and 60mg MSD at night, I started 12 days ago dropping my 5 pm dose then 6 days on I dropped the second 9am, I am struggling at the mo with cold sweats, agitated, cramps etc, I thought I might have dropped my 3rd dose by now but I'm still going through it and don't feel ready although I do just want to quit the last 2 together and be done with it xx

• Posted

Thank you carolineq8!! I am proud of you for tapering down!! That's something I could of never done bc I would of always found an excuse to take more!! That's why my best option was cold turkey!! Yr still gonna go through withdrawals but ya just gotta put you mind to it and want it! The rls and insomnia was the worst for me!! I went 7 days with only 5 hours of sleep I truly thought I was gonna go insane from not getting sleep but I didn't let it stop me I kept going everyday!! I'm 31 days clean today n couldn't be more happier!! There is light at the end of the tunnle you just gotta push for it!! I hope that you keep on the right path to a new healthy life n I'm always here if you ever want to talk!! Best wishes to you!!

• Posted

Thank you Stacey and 31 days Well done!! I'm going to give it a week before I drop my next dose as I need a few days to feel normal and maybe recover a little before starting again, I'm on these meds due to a lumbar fussion, thiracic arachnoid cyst compressing my spinal cord and cervical degeneration so the problem I'll have once iv quit is to manage my pain without getting sucked back into pain meds, stay strong girl and same to you I'm here if you need me😊

• Posted

Thank you Carolineq8!! Yr doing great just keep making progress and don't give up!!! I'm proud of you for how far you have come!!

• Posted

Thank you Stacey, can i just say that your words of praise and encouragement have meant so much to me, I wish you all the strength and happiness for your brighter future 😊

• Posted

Carolineq8 thank you so much for yr words of encouragement also!! They mean more to me than you will ever know!! Just remember never give up and keep pushing forward there is light at the end of the tunnle!! I wish you all the best in yr recovery!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.