Quitting smoking

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone out there quit smoking cold turkey and NOT gained weight. That's my very poor but real excuse for continuing this horrible habit. ??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sadly no but if you keep an eye on what you are eating then it should be easy enough to not put on too much and get rid of it
  • Posted

Hi glynnie. I stopped cold turkey and gained weight. I started to chew on diet candy and now starting slimfast shakes to curb the weight. I have medical problems and cant exercise. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi glynnie

i have just started my second attempt at stopping. I stopped cold turkey a few years ago for over a year. I didn't gain any weight. I didn't replace my craving with food.

the feeling of wanting a cigarette is similar to being hungry but you can't take your craving away by eating,it's just a distraction. 

Im doing exercise or meditation when I fancy a cigarette, fingers crossed. 

• Posted

i didn't gain weight initially because i weaned off from cigarettes (like a pack a day) to a vape but did gain a little weight (8-10 lbs when weaning off the vape). no worries though, it's better than smoking... i mean for me, i feel like i thought about smoking all the time when i was quitting but having a snack helped the craving. like for me those things were kinda separate. like i would think about smoking, but on the other hand sometimes i would have cravings and think about smoking but other times, it would be thinking about it but not really feel the craving, if that makes any sense.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.