RA and thyroid

Posted , 2 users are following.

had biopsy on thyroid yesterday.  Was told nodule was grape sized.  Waiting for results.  Taking Enbrel.  Has anyone else had thyroid issues with RA?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had Hashimotos thyroiditis (I think that's what it's called) even before I got my RA.

No nodules though, just an underactive thryoid gland that needed to be jacked up.

• Posted

Have heard that RA could case thyroid problems and also that Enbrel could cause thyroid cancer!  Hope that isn't the case!  Seems like every time I turn around I'm having more health problems!  Just had cataract surgery and have back issues, now this!
    • Posted

I've not heard either of these.

Are you getting this from the net?

Some people get very alarmist.

Life causes cancer. (Better to avoid living!?)

Get the help you need and try not to fret too much.

• Posted

Yes, I'm one to research everything!  Usually I try to be optimistic!  I don't know whether I read that RA can be related or Enbrel!  Guess I need to quit reading everything!  I think I was in one of those moods after finding out I was adding another problem to my endless list!  Thanks for your reply!
    • Posted

The drug companies are obliged legally to list absolutely everything that could happen if if the chances are 10000 to one.

So when we read this stuff we start to lose sleep.

• Posted

Thanks!  You're absolutely right!  Too many lawsuits going on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.