Racing thoughts and feeling low

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I've been on escitalopram 9 weeks on 10mg and 5th week on 15mg and I'm still suffering from racing negative thought and low mood it just happens 1 minute I'm ok then boom the racing negative thoughts come and low mood with it

Advice please

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Imo I would call your doctor on this one. I was o the urge of major suicidal depression and on 10mg for 2 weeks and now 20mg for 1 week and it's made a world of difference. No negative or racing thoughts. No depression tho i still have anxiety and panic which I hope in time will pass.

• Posted

It's possible you need to up the lexapro to 20 and, you need more timd or its just not working at all. I wouldn't wait imo to ask your doctors advice

• Posted

Hi Don. so sorry to hear you're still struggling. I totally agree with ralph's comments - I would see your doc asap & discuss trying 20mg. You have given 15mg a fair try over 5wks. If 20mg doesn't make you feel better over the same sort of period (4/5wks) then he may have to change your medication as 20mg escitalopram is the maximum dose of that med. anyway, don't think too far down the line - personally i think you may need to try 20mg for 4/5wks & see how you go. so best thing to do is see your doctor asap. take care Don.

• Posted

Thanks looloo

I'm going to ring doctors tomorrow the only problem is this is my last option going up to 20mg because doctor told me I've tried all the antidepressant over a 3 year period and if this doesn't work he doesn't know what to do 😬

I've had matrazapine/sertraline/citalapram (witch worked for years for me then stop working tried them again twice with no joy ) Prozac /amertriptaline fingers crossed 20mg of escitalopram works 😬

• Posted

Hi Don. key thing here: don't think about what may or may not happen - i mean don't think "what if 20mg doesn't work - then what do i do".  i have learnt over the years after having cbt over 6yrs ago now after a long history of anxiety & depression not to "what if, what if" & it helps keep my anxiety/depression in check soooooooooo much. just concentrate on what's immediately in front of you, even if other people say "what you going to do if....." stop them & say "i can only deal with what's going on now or it will stress me further." or "I'm not going to worry about that now - it might not happen".  its perfectly acceptable to say that - i do - & people do understand.  so your one thing to concentrate on for the coming weeks (with your doctors involvement of course) is to try 20mg for 4/5wks. Good luck Don, & take care.

• Posted

p.s Don, have you ever tried/thought of having one to one cbt (cognitive behaviour therapy)? It was instrumental in helping me with my anxiety & depression, & can be arranged through your doctor on the nhs.

• Posted

Thanks looloo

Your so right about the what if they may never happen 😃It's people like u that keep us going xx

• Posted

I've had cbt for 9 months it help a little I've tried accepunture Hypnotherpy now I'm having edmr it's been an expensive journey xx

• Posted

Hi loo loo, me again, sorry to bother you but I've been on the 15mg escitalopram for 3 and half weeks now and after first week started to gradually feel better and this happened before on the 10mg and now I'm getting shaky again, was sleeping really well and now not so much! Why do you think this keeps happening and as soon as I get symptoms back I get depressed when I've been feeling really good? Is my body still getting used to it or what? Thoroughly fed up with the roller coaster I'm on! Thanks, Sue

• Posted

Hi Sue, no bother!  With you, i personally think its partly to do with your peri symptoms, & partly your body adapting to higher dose of escitalopram.  Have you sought any advice or help about the peri bit yet hun? xx

• Posted

I did ask my doctor about HRT but he's hoping the escitalopram will work but I upped my dose to 15mg 3 and half weeks ago and felt good after first week and now waking again with morning anxiety so don't know what to think, thanks loo loo

• Posted

Oh and I'm post not peri x

• Posted

sorry Sue, speak to lots of people on here, & I'm peri, so brain goes a bit haywire sometimes!!! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.