ramipril and peripheral arterial disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anybody been prescribed ramipril for p a d as i was and it has blocked the veins in my legs.i was ok before i took ramipril and after 5 weeks it has ruined my life

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am sorry to hear about your problem with ramipril. I believe the drug did the same thing to me after only two doses. However, getting the Doctors to acknowledge that ramipril is to blame is virtually impossible. Has your condition improved and if so what did you do to help the situation?

Regards,

Clive.

• Posted

This is very alarming! I have been prescribed Ramipiril for high blood pressure - after I was treated for blockages in the artery leading to my right leg....

Has any one else got blocked veins as a side effect of Ramipiril? I certainly don't need any more!!!

I have also given up smoking.. I was not sure if the extremely annoying cough was a result of years of nicotine abuse or the tablets! it has been extremely helpful to read everyone's comments. Thankyou!

• Posted

I have never heard of that drug. It must be a U.K. approved drug. I live in the USA and this is what has worked for me. Cilestozol 100mg x2 a day, Amalodipine Besylate (time release Niphedipine) 5mg once a day and one 81mg aspirin a day. I used to take Cumadin which is a pain in the ass and made me sick to where I went to the hospital twice a month for uncontrolled vomiting. They also use that drug for rat poisoning so I certainly don't ever want that again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.