Ramipril for 1 week side effdct

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking ramipril 5mg for 1 week for hypertension cause unknown. Age 35. Last night I took and felt dizzy, slept and woke up with awful headache couldn't talk properly, no strength to move and slept all day finding it hard to wake. Had telephone app with doc said bug and not ramipril but now this evening I feel fine, not like I've got a bad bug.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm a little confused here. You explained your symptoms & the fact that you had a telephone appointment with your doctor who told you that what you were experiencing was not caused by the Rampiril but by some sort of bug.

It's very possible to feel sick most of the day, then to be fine by the evening.

I this continues, by all means contact your doctor, & make an appointment to SEE  him/her. 

• Posted

I've never used a forum before so maybe what I had described was confusing, i was curious if the symptoms I had mentioned any one else had experienced, I have a health degree, so I am aware of what you have said to do with bugs etc but this in my opinion didn't follow suit, I would of loved an appointment in person however triage didn't offer one after waiting from 9am until 5:50 for a response.

So to conclude I was just curious if other people had experienced such a sudden onset of these symptoms, I thought that is what these forums were for, discussion.

• Posted

The only advice I can give you is to get a BP monitor and check your BP yourself. Try it twice a day morning and evening and go back to your doctor with the results.

It might be that you have 'white-coat' hypertension. Testing your own might give a better idea - just a thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.