Range of Motion after FS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am curious about how your mobility/range of motion is after you recovered from Frozen shoulder.

I've been told that I may never return to full range of motion.

Thanks so much!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You will recover full range of motion if you do the physical therapy. The problem is that some people just can't deal with the physical pain of the therapy. I think the therapy is more important than the surgery...
  • Posted

My mother recovered from her FS after about two years with full range of motion just letting it run its own course without any treatment or PT. My coworker who also recovered from FS after two years with full arrange of motion but with intensive exercises. I am @ my 6 mouths of FS now. My pain eases some at this stage. My dr. does not recommend any surgery or manipulation. He asked me to let it run its course and my shoulder should be back to normal ROM in a year or two. However he asks me to exercise daily to maintain my arm muscle tone and strength.
  • Posted

Hi,

During recovery from bilateral FS, It was impossible to imagine there would ever be FRM, BUT...7 months on with gentle Physio I was proved wrong and now enjoy FRM.  Surgery and other invasive treatments inevitably leave scarring and adhesions which would restrict FRM.  Don't give up on.your body's own healing power...helped along with good nourishment and gentle exercise to the point of pain.  Be strong and above all have patience.

Blessings

Chickabee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.