Raw vegg vs Vegg juice for gastritis patient

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey,

I've been diagnosed chronic gastritis and my main symptom is nightmarish constant nausea, unfortunately.

Everyone says that raw veggies irritate stomach and gastritis sufferers must stay away from them.

So that means, should I stay away from even raw leafy salads? Are vegetable juices better option for me?

Any idea?

By the way, I mainly eat rye bread, white/brown rice, whole wheat pasta and potato/sweet potato as carb source,

My protein sources are, chicken and turkey breast, tuna, beans, lentils

And my fat source is, very litte amount of pumpkin seeds.

Any wrong with my gastritis diet?

Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Rye bread causes more acid for me, as does wholemeal,  beans, seeds and lentils. Theres a website which shows which vegtables are acidic and which are alkaline - go more for the latter to make juices. I quess cooked veg digest easier, and too much raw salad needs more gastric acid to break it down. Why not eat them cooked or eat soups? I find live yoghurt good, and finely chopped garlic mixed with yogurt helpful for stomach pains. Ginger boiled, and in warm water with honey
    • Posted

Thanks for reply.

Rye/multi grain bread seems ok for me. Beans and lentils are also ok.

I notice that lots of fruits & veggies cause nausea/irritate my stomach. I can eat banana and apples but berries always be problematic.

To be honest, I was never vegg-lover. And in this case, raw veggies irritate my stomach and this is why ask can I drink vegg juice instead of cook them.

By the way, I didn't try ginger but ginger tea gave me a pain.

• Posted

Got one more question.

Which one is better for gastritis patient, brown rice or white rice?

• Posted

I think brown rice is better for nutrition, white better for less acid.

I would have thought veg jiuce is better; fruit juices with citric acid  like berries and oranges.....or tomato, not so good. I read pineapple is ok.

Aloe Vera jiuce/capsules can be used for stomach healing. maybe your stomach lining is damaged, but know doubt you've had all he tests. Some people use manuka honey; as with aloe vera, I know it heals wounds outside the body.

Balancing your body with alkalines has been touted as a cure, and (non acidic) recipes can be found online.

• Posted

I copied this from dr oz website of foods which bring acid :                              Olive oil (neutral)

Whole milk

Butter

Lentils, boiled

White bread

Whole-wheat cooked spaghetti

Plain bagel

Peanuts, dry-roasted

Walnuts

Hot dog

Chicken

Pepperoni

Lean beef

Wild cooked trout

Whole egg, hard boiled

Oats

Brown rice

Cooked salmon

White canned tuna fish

Mozzarella

Canned sardines

Cooked turkey bacon

American/cheddar cheese

Parmesan cheese (most acid-producing)

He writes another list of alkaline foods, and veggies/fruits  which you might make into jiuce

• Posted

Brown rice seems less acidic than white rice.

I create my own gastritis diet and I'm wondering what you guys think about it,

Pumpernickel (german bread), egg whites

Rice, chicken

And vegg juices between meals, mainly carrot and will add spinach, cucumbers, parsley, sometimes cucumbers

No dairy except goat milk kefir

No fruits except banana, maybe pear (rarely)

No herbal teas except chamomile tea (green and ginger tea gave me a pain)

Any wrong with this?

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Update.

Things gone weird.

My breakfast was 4 slices of multigrain bread with 6 egg whites and it was quite trouble-free.

I eat chicken breast and rice gruel after my workout and it caused slightly nausea.

I drink carrot juice but it seems vegg juices also irritate my stomach. It caused harsh nausea.

And now I eat brown rice with lentils and it seems ok. But still feel nauseous due to vegg juice, damn.

What should I do? Many fruits except banana, irritate my stomach. Most of veggies also irritate it, raw or vegg juice formed, does not matter.

Alkaline foods are really matter for healing in this case?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.