re bad anxiety with blood and mucus on stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 

i have been getting blood and mucas on my stool  ,not every day , i also have hemmies and diverticular desease , Had clear colonoscopy 16 months ago all clear  but have had polyps removed in the past 

i suffer from Anxiety and freaking out ,not sure wether to have another colonoscopy  Doc seems to think its the hemmies  ,also not helping my blood sugars as i have Diabetes 2  

Sorry for sounding like a hypo 

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marion..you don't sound like a hypo...I think all of us are scared of illness..hence these boards and many other out in the internet world.

​First..something I learned from one of the best Gastroentronolgist in the world..as rated in some important magazine...smile......is THAT...polyps can form...but they would take 3 years to develop into cancer.....Cause I had some simlar concerns...approx around the same time you did after my 1st colonscopy...almost 2 years...and I RAN to the office (without an appt) and demanded to talk to someone...lol...and that is what I was told.

​I was also told that anal fissures (from pushing)....which could also be your problem...could be caused from too little hydration.  Make sure you drink and hydrate often. 

​Bright red blood....is a good sign that the temporary problem is lower in your system than what you would need to see in a colonoscopy...just like your Dr...said...a hemm or anal fissure. Hydrate, Hydrate...and I think you will be ok until your next colonoscopy...I'm no Dr...but your Dr...seems to agree smile

• Posted

Hi Missy 

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I hate this anxiety but you have made me feel better and I thank you for that , Yes will try to drink more ,

feel like a rea hypo 

But about 8 years ago had a polyp removed and had bad bleed a week later ,landed up being in Emargency now when ever i get probs i just panic it all going to happen again 

Many thanks hope you are ok now 

• Posted

Hey Mo I can't blame you for having an anxiety. We have the same problem. I have colonoscopy 10 months ago and diagnosed that I have diverticulosis and internal hemmorhiod no polyps/no cancer . I also have Ctscan and ultrasound and both also came back normal. But still I have on and off bleeding and diarrhea. My Doctor said I might also suffering from IBS.. I think I already went to my doctor 10x just to keep on telling with regards to my bleeding but he keeps on saying that I have no major issue as my colonoscopy came perfectly. And guess what I even went to the surgeon who perform my colonoscopy but he only give me suppository saying that it's internal hemmorhiod. I told my self earlier that to change my diet and have a healthy lifestyle from now on as I already did my part to get check but everything went normal
    • Posted

Thanks Brian 

Iam new on here ,but was getting myself stressed just worrying about this ,So apperciate your reply makes me feel better , Hope you are ok now ,and I agree with you about healthy diet and I must say I eat and exercise regually , Its just great to get this support 

I am still thinking perhaps another colonoscopy to ease my anxiety about this  Thank you so much 

• Posted

Where u from Mo and how old are u? I'm here in Canada and 33 y/o
    • Posted

And...yes, you have a little post traumatic stress going on because you have been frightened in this area before with the bleed.  Yes, drinking more water is a JOB...I am trying everyday to do more drinking of water.

I'm glad I made you feel better.  I sure felt better that day after I burst into the Dr.'s office like a raving hypo...lol....I didn't care what anyone thought..I was sick of being sick...and scared...

yea, please breathe a little...diabetes is no joke...I'm glad I don't have it...I've read about it...and I'm borderline for it...but I'm trying to eat better regarding that too...because diabetes can affect kidneys...liver...etc...very dangerous...so take care of yourself smile

• Posted

Ok Mo if you think you need to be re scope then do it for your peace of mind.
  • Posted

Hey Mo. How r u? How did youthe colonoscopy goes?? Tc
    • Posted

H Brian 

Yes had it yesterday , found 6mm x 6mm  poylp in transverse colon  , havnt got patholigy results yet  , just scedulled  for two years  he didnt seem concerned , so will have to wait now 

Thank you so much for maessage  ,hope you are ok 

• Posted

yeah the only thing that puzzled me was i only had a colonoscopy 15 months ago and it was all clear 

Do you think they could have missed it ? What panicker i am lol 

• Posted

Also got diverticuler desease  , What fun life is hon !!!!!!!
    • Posted

Well guys got patholigy results on my polyp  Tubular Adenoma in transverse colon  6mm x 6mm  was told to go back in two years  , Cant understand how i had a clear colonoscopy 15 months ago 

Does anyone know how quick  these develop , thinking i should get yearly scope  as these are pre cancerous polyps , Still anxous!!!!!!

• Posted

Yes glad it's not cancerous but didn't know they could appear so soon after my last colonoscopy Feb 2015  and to wait two more years seems to long  to get checked  Am I being paranoid Brian ? 
    • Posted

I understand your frustration but you have to relax now as nothing serious. I have my colonoscopy last June 2015 no polyps found only internal hems and diverticulosis. But still having on and off bleeding. At least you have check
    • Posted

Thanks hon , You take care and go back to doc if it persists  I am just an anxious person  , and hate being  like this   but it's great to have support  thank you 
    • Posted

Hi Brian

Hope you are ok and all goes well

Keep in touch

• Posted

Thanks Mo... I'm very positive though.. since I have mine just 10 months ago... ☺ I'll let you know thanks
    • Posted

Hi Brian 

Hope all went well today

• Posted

Hi Mo thanks.. I'm here now at the endoscopy center waiting for my turn... I'll let you know after...
    • Posted

Good luck love sure it will all be fine Don't worry
    • Posted

Hey Mo I just finished the procedure... all came back clear.. I juse have hemmorhiod and diverticulosis.. no biopsies/no polyps... I'm just so happy. Thanks for your support
    • Posted

Oh Brian just woke to get your message So happy for you hon That's just great news

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.