really am needing advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

somebody please help,in november2015,i noticed my right arm at night started giving me really bad shooting pains and going numb,i left it but then started with horrible back pain in my shoulder blade but couldnt really reach to find the pain as it was sometimes in my ribs at the side in the middle of my blade or if i rotated my arm the pain went back into my blade,i started to get obsessed with this to find where the actual pain was coming from,so much so i became very anxius ,eventually i went to the doctors and he said i had tore a muscle and gave me naproxin,which never helped one bit,i am getting really down as its getting to the point i cant sleep,the pain is so bad ,the pain feels like its in my lungs but my doctor checked me out this week and said my lungs were clear,ive had blood tests to see if anything underlying was lurking everything came back ok,some nites i have to possition my arm in a way so it doesnt start throbbing,today my back seems so bad the pain is a dull pain ,please any advice would be greatful ,im driving my husband in sane,and as for all the things ive bought nothing has eased the dull pain and the sleepless night 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How awful for you and I do emphasise.  You need to go back to the doctors and tell them and demand something stronger.   You can also ask (or refer yourself) to physio.    If the pain is severe then it is possible to have an injection into it which might help.

The NHS don't really do backs so if I was you I would go to an osteopath or chiropractor but you do have to pay.   I presume you are in the UK?   x 

• Posted

thankyou so much for replying,she did give me something stronger,zapain think there co codamol,but to be honest i was short of breath with these and i felt really scared taking them,she gave me beta blockers for being panicky too ,i just want this pain to stop ,i am in the uk x

• Posted

I feel so sorry for you I'm in a lot of severe pain too and I'm driving my fiance crazy too stop moaning and do something about it he says Ive been to docs yet again today was there last week and hosp too were they diagnosed bulging disc ive got pins and needles in my fingers too I've got naproxen that doesn't work tramadol makes me sleepy I'm takin ibuprofen I'm at a loss has to how to cope with the pain hope physio helps hope you get some answers soon I've even got a tense machine too
    • Posted

I had a lumbar puncture last july and since then I've had severe pain in my head and neck to the point were they thought it was in my head I've even had blurred vision and lapses of contiousness too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.