Really bad anxiety attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I keep having extremely bad panic attacks.  To the point were I want to phone an ambulance because I think something really bad is going to happen.  I hyperventalite (sorry about my spelling), sweating horrendously, crying and scared to death.  The NHS website says to phone 111 (for non emergencies) but I'm embarresed because I don't think there is anything they can do.  My anxiety has took an all time high the past couple months but this week has been the worst of my life.  I can't sit in a room with anyone.  I have to be alone, I have to constantly be concentrating on something and I'm too scared to leave my house.  I really don't know what to do.. but I have never, ever had a panic attack so bad in my life.  Any advice would be amazing.. I'm at a dead end.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Lauren! I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for about a year now! Mine started after I had my son! If you haven't ever been on medication maybe you should try! I was always hesitant to try medicine but after a year I wasn't able to cope without it! I constant have the fear of dying, I always worry, have negative thoughts but the physical symptoms are the worst! I have headaches, fatigue, chest discomfort, vstomach trouble, and the list goes on and on but I have been to every doctor possible and they have found nothing but that I have a low vitamin d level!! I am perfectly healthy but you can't tell a person with anxiety that they are healthy because they won't believe it! I'm here if you need to talk!
    • Posted

I'm really sorry to hear that!  It is an absolute horrible thing to deal with.  I'm currently on 150mg of sertraline, 30mg of mirtazipine and 40mg of propanolol.  I have all those symptoms as well!! It's horrendous.  But right now is the worst I have ever had it.  I can't deal with this like.. at all.  Are you from the UK?
    • Posted

Nope I am from Oklahoma! But I understand everything your going through!
    • Posted

Aw okay!! I don't know if it's different over there to here.. but can you speak to your doctor and go into like.. a speciallised hospital?  I've had anxiety for 5 years and it just keeps getting worse and worse x
  • Posted

Hi Lauren, I feel for you as I used to suffer with panic attacks and it does really feel that you are going to die, the pain and your head banging just mad, but I went on some tablets which I used to take in the morning and at night and they really helped, I have had a few in the last year but have been off that medication for a while, but I am really trying to think what I took so you could ask for it, I so sorry I cant remember the name, but you are on alot of different meds so you see your gp/psychiatrist I would go to them again and just tell them how it has been over the last few months, I am on Sertraline and Propanolol also on Diazepam, but have been on that for years and at a big dose so now seeing some new and he is trying to get me off the diazepam, but its hard even though Im doing it very slowly still getting weird side effects and one of them is panic about going outside on my own etc.............  but my advice to you is get appointment and tell them, it you feel you cant tell them everything either copy what you have written here or write it all down and give them the piece of paper to read, they will as I have done this so many times when i knew that I wouldnt or couldnt say the things I needed to say.  Good Luck keep us posted I live in the uk...
    • Posted

No need to be sorry! Thank you very much for the advice. I've never actually thought about writing it down and giving it to them.. But I'm defo going to do that! Yeah I'm the same. Always come out kind of disappointed because I've never said what I've needed to say, thank you very much for that idea!! Would you be able to read my last reply to kelsey above? Since your from the uk also your probably the best person to ask about that. Yeah, I've been offered diazapam but I'm scared to take it because it is addictive. Did you feel it worked the best for you? X
  • Posted

Hi Lauren, yes I read your reply to Kelsey and the other way around, I'm not sure how they go about things over there because they havent got a NHS but I do understand where she is coming from the same place as we are so hopefully she will carry on reading your discussion and see what we have both written.  To start with Diazepam helped but as you said it gets addictive so then I mean 30 years ago they kept putting it up as there wasnt the medication there is now, so although I have taken it for all of those years I have been on lower dosage and higher but now I have been told by a new psychiatrist I have to come off them as they are doing the reverse to what they should because I have taken them for a long time, we made a pat that if I came off them like he told me he would be able to help me more, but I have since heard that I wont be seeing him anymore and that frightens me because I had 1.1/2hours with him and felt I had opened up and said alot of things about myself that I wouldnt have done in a 30min appointment so feel cheated!!  Have put in complaint but heard nothing even sent a copy to my own gp just nothing!!! Dont they make you feel so much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if only.

Night night Lauren, hope you have a good night sleep take care and speak soon

• Posted

Bless you Lauren. I really feel for you I have had anxiety for what seems forever. Please go to your gp . There's things out there that can help I promise. First of all you are not alone this site is one of the best,and gives a lot of support. How are things today. Here if you need to talk x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.