really bad shooting pain in left little finger

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyone has this or knows what it could be. I keep getting a sharp extremely bad pain in my left little finger,  took some painkillers but not working. I didn't bang or bend it, it just started a few  days ago but seems to be getting more frequent and sore 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi yammy1, really sorry to read about your problem, I'm posting because I'm really interested in your problem as I have the same effects in my right little finger.

just as a point, if you hold your effected hand flat in front of your chest and twist your hand towards you, does it send sharp pulses of pain up and down your finger?

hoping someone can help.....

• Posted

I've been having the same problem in my right pinky finger.  Wondered if it might be carpal tunnel, but that doesn't seem to fit the symptoms.  I do find if I bend my finger back or shake my hand, it helps relieve the pain.  My pain isn't constant, but when it comes on it's like an electric shock which really hurts.  I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions for relieving this problem.

• Posted

Did anyone ever get an answer to this?? I've had this problem for years! Sometimes the pain is excruciating. It seems to radiate from right below my fingernail near the joint on my right little finger.

• Posted

I have this also. Yesterday, I accidentally bumped my right pinkie against something and felt like an electric shock went through me. When I'm asleep it sometimes wakes me up. When ever I have a manicure I have to ask them not to put too much pressure on my pinkie. What can be done??

• Posted

hi, did you ever get a diagnosis for this? it sounds so similar to what i am suffering with...

• Posted

hello. Is anyone still having problems with this? I have the same issue, shooting pains on the end of my right pinky finger (nail area). Had them now for two weeks and really hurt when they happen. They are like electric shocks. Painkillers don't work but if I'm busy doing something or even lifting weights or any other heavy lifting i don't feel any pain at all.

Hoping for some answers.

• Posted

HI did you ever get a diagnosis?  I be had the same thing for over two weeks. It doesn’t hurt when I lift weights but adjusting my belt, opening jars, checking the time is really painful.  
  • Posted

Any answers? This is really bugging me, I get it in both my pinkies but the right one is worse. Sometimes the pain is so unbearable and I actually can’t speak and feel like I’m going to fall to the floor! 
    • Posted

I haven't found any answers so far.  I find when it happens, I can push my fingers back to relieve the discomfort, or sometimes just shake my hand until it subsides.  It isn't constant, for which I'm grateful, but it is annoying and comes on as a surprise when it does happen.

• Posted

Hi Janis,

just found your post. Ask your doctor about  Dupuytrens syndrome. It may be what you describe. I have had this painful syndrome for years and see a better explanation online. 

Try icing could be swelling causing pai, or X-ray of finger show anything? 

Hope ur better soon. 

• Posted

just a guess arthritis is bone pain. Some pain is tendon ligaments. Most ligament pain could be from sprain or tissue tear. Any X-ray? 
    • Posted

Hi, I have a similar problem with my little finger and sometimes the ring finger beeing incredibly painful. I can force them to move when the pain stops me from trying to move them and I can physically feel a "clicking" as the joints move. My GP said it's definitely not CT as that doesn't affect the little finger. I was sent on a course of physio to manipulate my neck, as this is where he feels the problem lies and could be a factor of using a laptop a lot. Sadly the physio hasn't helped one bit and it's now back to the drawing board. It's so frustrating!

• Posted

Hi All, I'm breaking the mould here, I have been getting all the same symptom's BUT in the middle (long) finger right hand,. started very suddenly , while I was using a knife and fork !  I have seen two doctors and had three different blood samples taken, all that's been suggested is a trapped nerve and that's it, tuff ! An electric shock is just what its like and  with no warning !  There must be proper diagnosis and a cure .

• Posted

Hello,

I have been having the same problem for a couple days and I have been tapping my ring and pinky finger together to remove the pain. For me, if I keep them taped for a couple hours it gives me relief unless I bump it real hard again. I read another forum that said that the pain is due to keeping your arms bent for long periods of time. Their solution was to avoid bending your arms as much.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Have you tried a hand splint . Oslepp with a glove splint easy to wear and helps the pain in fingers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.