Really need some advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is embaressing, but i need some advice. this started about a year ago, when my left last two fingers got numbish, all the time. Then my left shoulder got really tired. then i had difficulty swollowing pills, and hard things like steak and chips and such... it always felt like it was caught in my thoat. about 7 months ago, i felt the same tiggling in my right toe. then i started waking up mostly in the morning not ticking or tremoring, but my arms and hands are starting to jump..... a ton of movement, to the point i cant hit a button. it gets better over the course of the day, only to come back at night. about 3 months ago the tiggling is now in my left leg, where it feels normal till you touch it then it feels numb. ALL my musles are now always tired and sore. 

im having to use two hand to drink anything, for fear of dropping it, some times i shake so bad i spill it, which makes it hard to eat in public or infront of family. i used to walk 5 miles, but my thighs get tired after just a 1/4 mile, like i been working out. i been getting depressed, and cant sleep at night. I been recently having really uncomfortable bowel movements to the point i fear going....and now i been tripping over my left foot. Ive have been having really bad memory as of late, forgeting convos with my wife. also the ticking has made texting a real chore.

I have an appointment schedualed for the 17th with a nourologist, but does anyone have any ideas what could be happening?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jason,

I bet things seem scary after what you've described. I'm glad that you have an appointment with a nuerologist in two weeks - I woud wait until then rather than looking at all the nuerological illnesses that could produce the symptoms you've written about. Best wishes to you and let us know what you find out.

A clear list of symptoms and questions for the nuerologist might be helpful. Also try to bring someone along, your wife or friend, who can listen and take notes at the appointment. I was diagnosed with a small  brain tumour 17 years ago, it turned out to be benign (but inoperable) - having my girlfriend taking notes (and I used a tape recorder) help me imensely - as soon as the neurlogist said the word "tumour" my mind went blank and I couldn't understand anything being said to me.  Thank goodness for my friend and notetaker.

17 years later:  I was diagnosed with "possible MS"  for 10 years - at which time a nuerologist specializing in MS told me that I definely did not have MS, although he couldn't explain the white spots, thought to be demyletiation. So now I don't have MS, I still have an inoperable tumour, which has not grown in size over these years. I spent alot of time worrying needlessly. What you are going through sounds scary and I hope that you will keep up informed of you condition.

• Posted

Hi Jason

so sorry to hear what you are going through. I am glad you have an appointment on 17th. I wonder if you are having an adverse reaction to any medicines you may be taking. Have you been prescribed anything new recently?

I really hope this gets quickly sorted out for you. Has your gp ruled out the obvious eg virus, meds, allergies, infections etc?

Wishing you well Jason, try not to worry too much. I know it's easier said than done. Keep positive ♥

• Posted

You have done the right thing Jason going to doc they will get to the bottom of it

Stay Strongbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.