Really scared just need to talk

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am 57 this year, white female and have a large bust 40g, I am pale skinned so have always had veiny breasts and large pink areas around nipples.  During the past year have had a dull ache under left armpit which moves across top of breast, gp not too concerned but have noticed in the last 6 months or so that my breasts are getting what I can only liken to having bruises all around lower parts, these come and go and change, have also noticed puckering and discoloured marks aroud both nipples again these are not always there. during the that last couple of months they have become extremely painful, both nipples engorged and swollen, not turnng inwards but both breasts exactly the same.  I must add that I have also started HRT in the last 6 weeks, so hope that accounts for some of pain.  Both breasts fell heavy and when pressed are lumpy inside.  I am worried about imflammatory breast cancer and have an appointment with GP on Wednesday.  Just getting into a bit of a state about things and keep trying to say to myself it is the HRT, as it is in both breasts the same unlikely to be cancer, but does happen. Breasts also feel hot by nipples and breast bone above and underneath breast painful.  I know you are not doctors but anyone with similar experiences your advice greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds more hormonal than anything, you should go get it checked out for reassurance and a peace of mind. Since its both breasts it sounds like fibrocystic.
  • Posted

I would insist on mammogram ultrasound and biopsy to put your mind at rest xx
    • Posted

Hi thanks for reply, I did and all came back clear.  I stopped worrying about it so much and now have been taking HRT for longer all seems to be settling down, although still have the strange colouring but GP said probably just the weight of them as I am a GG cup. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.