Recently Been Diagnoesed With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi Im 24 Years old and have just recently been told by my doctors i have this condition and both my ovarys are affected by this im really worried as i was told after 30 with this conditon it is harder to get pregnant and have been adviced getting pregnant in the next 2-3 years would be better for me this is all new to me and im on all these tablets and getting poked and proded and its realy getting me down no one in my family seems to understand so was adviced to join this group and find people to talk to. 

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am in the same situation as you, I am also 24 and plan to have kids. I know it is hard to find people who understand what you are going through, and being proded by doctors. I had a ton of other tests before they found my PCOS, for a whole lot of different sicknesses. At least this one is manageable, might not be easy but manageable none the less. Good luck smile I am not an expert on pcos but if you need someone to talk to feel free to send me a message smile

• Posted

hello peppercat,

I also have PCOS and it's painful expecally the periods. Therofore I will tell you some methods that have worked for me that doctor either don't know about or didn't tell you. PCOS can be genictic or due to your diet. Since you are planing to have kids here are some ways to help. I recomend you drink [u]noni juice [/u] 1oz exactly once a day and no more .This will help keep your periods longer to clear your fallopian tubes (some people with PCOS periods aren't clear from the system) noni juice should be drinked with a small meal and can be drinked every day. Eat more meal such as 5 very light and small meals. Aviod occationally getting red meat (reconmend chicken breast). Noni juice has high potassium no avoid eatting bananas (also people with kidney disease should not drink this juice) people with kidney disease have high potassium and sodium level should not drink this juice because it will increase potassium levels above the normal range. Another thing to add if you have added into your diet is supplements you should take [u]flex seed oil [/u] that you can get in your local walgreens or pharmacy stores this will increase you fluid and blood circulations and works better then fish oil. I reconmend that you drink lot of water (clean water with less chlorine preferably) with a meal when you do not feel full). If you are tring to get pregnant I hope that your docter has reconmend you to take prenatal vitamins while trying to conceive b/c it will benefit your baby and your body. Pregnancy is =13.63636302948pxbeatiful=13.63636302948px =14pxbut =13.63636302948pxdangerous=13.63636302948px =14pxand it strains your body to provide for two souls so preparing for a baby is important. Sincerely undergrad tring to get into med school. 

• Posted

I'm 25, also diagnosed with PCOS, taking metphormin at the moment.

Do you have regular periods? I have realized the tablet does make me feel tired and a little on the emotional side, it's normal.

Meanwhile the journey of baby making begins here, apparently not the easiest when you have PCOS.

no worries it will be fine

• Posted

Hi,

I just turned 23 and i was diagnosed with the same. I'm struggling with this and although my husband and family are trying to be supportive, they dont understand how hard this it. I know in my head that I will be fine but my heart is sinking at the thought of a long fertility process. I guess I'm just looking for someone who can relate. I feel less womanly somehow... and the thought of not being able to have a baby with my husband makes me feel very sad. People tell me how lucky I am to not have to deal with a period every month. If they only knew what I would give to be normal...

• Posted

Hi Miranda,

I know just how you feel it makes me feel like less of a woman. the doctor hasnt given me any medication and hardly any information just that i should change my lifestyle and thats it. I feel like family dont really understand they just keep saying its gonna be ok. but what if I cant have children on my own that sucks I really dont want to have IVF treatment its just not something i ever thought i would need. nobody truly understand how it feels I'm not even married yet and meeting someone has been difficult for me hopefully i meet someone soon so I can atleast attempt having a baby... 

• Posted

Hi Maria, Miranda, Sarah, Mila, Peppercat and ehu5,

I too have PCOS. I was diagnosed 17 years ago. My first son was about a year and a half old when I was diagnosed (we tried for 2 years). I have gone though everything that you have all mentioned and as you all know it affects each individual in many different ways.

The good news is that I now have an 8 year old who I had at the age of 35.

I went through 8 and a half years of prodding/poking/legs up/legs down/your too fat/different doctors/different medications/arguments with my husband/time of work (which could not afford at all) / injections/blood tests the list is endless and I will be more than happy to tell you about my experience with Chlomid / metformin and other drugs I have tried, and how I eventually fell pregnant.

I have been thinking of starting a PCOS Blogg for sometime now where people can share all their experiances, get help and advise from those who suffer with PCOS and post some medical stuff, products that I found helped me. What do you ladies think?

Thanks, good luck and there are women out there that do understand x

• Posted

Hi,

It sounds like a good idea smile Did metformin  help you? My GP just told me it doesnt really help? Also is it very hard to get pregnant with PCOS? My boyfriend and I are waiting before we get married but I am scared that I will start too late to try and get pregnant, because I really want a family.

• Posted

Hi peppercat,

No metformin was not good for me. It made me feel really horriable. I felt sick all the time, I had no energy and very emotional so I ended up making a very hard choice and stopped taking it. My husband could see the change in me and fully supported me coming off it.

As for how long it takes, we tried for 2 years before I got pregnant the first time and we decided we wanted more close together. We started trying after 6months and when we had no joy I went docs. He told me I was stupid and told me to go home. About a year later I was diagnosed. I had 2 miscarriages before I eventually fell.pregnant again. That took 8 years. After I lost 3 stone.

It's not an easy process with pcos but I know a number of women with it who also have had children, some at a normal rate some have took longer. I was 36 when I had my second child so don't stress too much x

• Posted

The metformin also makes me feel really bad, mainly it makes me extremely depressed and moody. Im very scared of getting miscarriages in my future. I hope I will be able to fall pregnant. My cousin also has PCOS and said they have been trying for 3 years now.

I am still trying to decide if I will still use metformin or not, my biggest problem is that it is very very hard for me to lose weight and I gain it really quickly. Even when I am on a diet and exercise a lot, the metformin helped a bit with that.

Did you use the pill or anything else to regulate periods? Do you think it is neccessary?

• Posted

Over the years I have tried the pill to regulate my periods yes but I just put weight on and it messed them up again. Weight is the issue for me too. I've always been over weight and have always struggled to lose it. I have to work really hard to shift it and always put it back on. When I lost weight it did kick start my periods when I was younger but not so much now. Because I only had periods every now and then I constantly had a pregnancy test in the house and would test often.

The miscarriages I don't know if that was due to pcos or whether it would have happened anyway. Some of my aunties and my gran had miscarriages so I think realistically it probably had nothing to do with pcos.

The diet I did was called the 13 minute diet or vitaline diet, it cost about £35 a month and they customise your diet to you. Not sure if its still out there or not but it was a great re at diet. Iban give you some tips on what they used to recommend.

• Posted

Hi,

It seems my other reply is being moderated right now so I will just reply again. 

I have read about a lot of woman with pcos having miscarriages but I will hope that I wont.

I googled the diet but could only find reviews, so I am not 100% sure how it works. I would love some tips smile Do you want to talk through personal messages maybe? I dont want to clutter up the thread too much. (My previous post had my email in it, that is why it is being moderated)

• Posted

Hi yes,

not sure if they will allow facebook but you can contact me via Jet Rivers on facebook.

• Posted

Hi,

I cant seem to find you, maybe you can try to add me? Melissa Ingels (The one from Pretoria, South Africa)

• Posted

Yes, please start a blog and let us know when is ready! I am desperatly to talk to someone who can help me with this issue. I too have a child and been diagnosed with PCOS after having her, actually when we started to conceive again. We tried for two years with my first child, and now it is almost a year since we started conceiving this second time. I am on metformin 850 mgs one a day. I suppose to take two but not sure I can one day achieve that, it makes me feel moody and with nausea. It really helps reading your stories, please continue!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.