Recently diagnosed needing information

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was diagnosed with Raynaud's phenomenon a couple of weeks ago. I have always had cold hands and feet. The last couple of months my hands were turning purple, looking bruised. Also had shooting pains, tingling and pain on bending fingers.

The med given is Nifedipine 5ml X 3 daily.

My legs have started to go purple now espcailly my knees,they look bruised and swollen so do my elbows. I thought Raynaud's only affected hands and feet, not legs and arms. Any info would be appreciated THANKS

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was put on adapex mid December and finally I'm realizing that all these issues are happening to me too- cold hands- feet my feet sting with the cold-my teeth have been going crazy with root canals, and infections! Over the past 2 months being on this medicine skins with purple feet when going to take a bath with water change! I have inflammation detected in my blood work- I went off the meds finally 3 days ago- I hope this isn't permanent I have cold utericia since I was little hives when I get cold on occation. So how are you feeling on this medication? I'm going to my rheumiyist this week to discuss this!
    • Posted

Hav nt felt no relief as yet. I have high blood pressure and was on beta blockers before new med. I ve had gum infections which made throat swell. My teeth hurt often too. My hand annoys me as hurts to do basic cleaning and other tasks.

i m going back to doctor as feel I have something underlying as have lots of other symptoms too .

Thanks. X

• Posted

My throat is swelling too!! They though I had laryngitis with all the mucus and sinus issues- I still can't swallow that good- sad it's so annoying sometimes I'm glad it's time to go to bed! They have put me on so many steroids thinking I was allergic to all the meds I was taking to clear up the root canal!
    • Posted

Steroids should help the inflammation problem. They may want to up dosage but for just a short period not long term. Can cause many problems if taken too long. Occasionally is ok
    • Posted

I've been on steroids 3 times in the past month! And it's helped, but I've had many sleepless nights from being on it! Any diet changes? Did you say they put you on a diet pill before you found out you had this?
    • Posted

Yes. I was on redux during same time I was diagnosed and I didn't know of a connection
  • Posted

Hi, I too have Raynauds and was diagnosed in 1990. Long time ago. Raynauds is a small vessel disease where our blood vessels constrict. Therefore our circulation and blood flow is not good. I have been on verapimil since day one. It is a calcium channel blocker helping to dilate our blood vessels. Nefedipine is also a calcium channel blocker. Any part of your body can be frozen like a popcycle to hot and swollen. No matter what the temperature is. It does get extremely painful when it is cold. The only tho g that has ever helped me is taking a hot hot bath to thaw myself out. Just be careful it could be dangerous because we can't really feel if the water is too hot and that can cause serious burns.

God bless you,

Kristy k

• Posted

Hi Kirsty

Thanks so much for your reply and explanation. It makes things a lot clearer. No wonder I like my baths red hot. Does stress make it any worse ??

Thanks again x

• Posted

I went in our hot tub a month ago and nearly jumped out because they were stinging! Did I mention it's freezing here with tons of snow! My husband was like its the sane temp it's always been! But I bet if you looked at my feet they were purple! Do any of you get purple feet in the bath? But as soon as my body warns up all is fine! Do your legs look pink & blotchy colored?
    • Posted

Also, have you ever heard of people getting Raymond's from diet pills This all started when I started them.
    • Posted

Stress is our enemy!!!

Hang in there. It is so hard to deal with all the stresses in the world today.

God bless you

Kristyk

• Posted

I experience exactly the same. Turning red, white and blue. Its hard to explain the pain and discomfort.

Kristyk

• Posted

I have never heard of diet pills being an issue. But you know now I think of it my Dr prescribed redux around the same time I was diagnosed. I need to.check that out. Thanks for the info.

God bless

Kristyk

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I think I sent a message incorrectly and meant to send to u. Your information about diet pills I have never heard about before. My Dr gave me redux during the time I was diagnosed with raynauds. Thanks for info.

Kristyk

• Posted

Oh my stress does make it so much worse my mouth is burning now- if I have an upset it's makes it worse! Have had 4 panic attacks twice at the general dr's office, when they said nothing is wrong with me.
    • Posted

The meds dont totally work. I have other autoimmune diseases too. Lupus,

Sjogrens disease, Vasculitis, neuopathy. I also have Fibromyalgia. I'm on so many meds now. But I really still suffer from the cold. We can't let ourselves get too cold for too long or can suffer damage.

• Posted

Oh Kristy hugs- I'm scared to see what they say this week! 😰
    • Posted

Do you have better days in the summer? Do you have inflammation all the time?
    • Posted

Dont b scared. I write a little list of things I want to talk to doctor about when I go so I dont forget anything. Sometimes I get a little nervous..Just tell the doctor all that you shared with us today. They can figure this out but it takes time and patience. Let me know what happens after you see the Dr.

Good luck and God bless

Kristy k

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.