Recently diagnosed with Herpes and I'd really like support.. Depressed and did not see this coming.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently had unprotected sex, really about a month ago with a man I was dating. I know, it was a bad idea. But now I've been diagnosed with Herpes and I've been really down in the dumps feeling alone .. It's not like me to have unprotected sex but now I don't know how to pick myself up...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I know just how you feel because I still feel that way & I got that news a few weeks ago .lord I try to put it in the back of my mind but some how tht just don't work...I have made a appt to talk to a therapist but could not get the nerve up to go ..... .. you Is not alone, we all go Thur that depression stage but I am getting a Lil better ..it does get better with time

• Posted

It gets better, especially knowing there are people out there that you're just alone and this kind of thing can happen to anyone it doesn't make you personally nasty to have caught it... Jut accepting it is the hard part but hopefully someone out there is soon tk breakthrough a cure for this nasty bugger!!

• Posted

Accepting it is the hard part..I still haven't told nobody. But at least we have each other up here to talk to about it, because holding it in is hard. I am definitely praying for a cure. I am glad it wasn't something worse

• Posted

I agree. Day by day. Here lately my legs have hurt me really bad to even walk around and I wondered if that was a symptom of that or if something else is ↑
    • Posted

That is the tricky part about this...i swear every little thing is a symptom because I never had 1..Well I had 1 years ago other than I can recall & that was just a tender feeling down there.

I can't relate to when ppl say they can walk it hurt so bad or can't use the bathroom with out it burning when unrinateing. So if I would not have got tested for all stds & hiv. I guess I would have never knew & yes I got conformation thru my blood work.

I was getting started on a new relationship & wanted to make sure I was all clean & guess what I won't do that relationship never started at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.