Recovery after diagnosis of Vit D deficiency

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recovering since March 2015 when my Vit D levels were 12. I have felt tired/fatigued/weak and in pain with sore muscles and foot problems since 2010. Mis diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in 2010, then years of suffering.

Thank fully, a year later a bit better but still weak muscles and needing to build up my energy and strength. 

Any one on here with similar and how is it going. I live in Brighton, UK.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed the same time last year. 12 months on I feel no better levels are now fine. I suffer with muscle pains all over extreme fatigue and also heel pain. Recent bloods show raised muscle enzymes and I have been referred to a rheumatologist. All other blood tests were normal. Personally I think you may need a full set of bloods don't assume this is still vit d unless you rule out everything else.

Hope you get to the bottom of it

• Posted

Have u had your potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphate, b12 n iron levels checked.

These can all cause similar symptoms.

• Posted

hi Lini

I was diagnosed in Dec 2015 following hand pain, bone pain, extreme tiredness, had a vit D reading of 15, put onto supplements. I have been off work since early December. I still get very tired, have pain and swelling in my hands espcially between knuckles, my elbows are very sore and may back is a problem in that I cannot walk very far without bad pain in back and hips. Interestingly I had planter fascioatis for a couple of years in my left foot, had steroid injections, the last one done in theatres did the trick and also calf stretching exercise which can help. I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever be my old self.  I am to see a rheumatologis next month, don't know what he can do? would lovet o keep in touch with other people experiencing the same thing as feel quite isolated. [rolleyes]

• Posted

Hi Denise,

I thought I would check in to give hope to you and others who are vit d  deficient. I'm really well now, even got a dog to walk after 6 years of absolute hell!

I got my vit d levels checked mid winter as I am still worried it could all start again. I hit 58 on the last blood test in November and I take a maintenance dose most days of about 5000 iu of vit d 3. If you don't supplement regularly then according to research you can half your levels in approximately 10weeks, assuming you have no UVA sun exposure.

It seems that since March 2015 I have slowly recovered, I've lost aot of bloating and weight over the last 6 months, family and friends say I look 15 years younger and I am back at work almost full time. It feels like a miracle really. 

I hope that you are improving, it's taken me two years to get from the hell days to now.

take care 

Lin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.