Recovery, lifting , post op laparotomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had a laparotomy 1 week ago I feel somewhat normal again, don't have to take pain relievers as often as the first 3 days. I can finally walk a little faster, still have to sleep on my back. I was told no lifting or bending, however I have 3 children 2 of whom are under the age of 2. Unfortunately for me my husband works until about 8 or 9!at night I have no family support as they live very far. My youngest is 3 months old and then I have my 18 month old who require me to change them which requires some lifting, how did other moms deal with this , my doctor told me I could cause myself to have a hernia, but I have to attend to my children .... This is so hard and i definitely do not want another surgery. Anyone else experience this. I try so much to avoid lifting my babies but sometimes it's a have to case... It does not hurt to lift them at this point what so ever as I only lift if I

absolutely have to. I walk around as my doctor told me that was okay which actually helps a lot. 8 weeks of this seems so far away since I have kids

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

what were your symptoms lourdes?
    • Posted

I had no symptoms really, just a poky feeling and heavy menses after I gave birth, in my left side. My ovarian cyst was a dermoid cyst that was found when I was pregnant. I gave birth and it grew to 10.5 cm and removed via laparotomy along with my ovary . Doctor said it was as a big as a softball.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.