rectal prolapse repair to mucus salese

Posted , 4 users are following.

I Had a repair to mucosal part of rectum a week ago.. i am quite a lot of pain at the moment every ttime I try to wee the rectum comes down and a keep ppooing small stools which cause lots of ppain I now cannot eempty bladder properly and have a uti i seem to I In more pain not less. I have just ggone on all fours on ffloor to try and wee andpoo was tthere for 30 mins with pain from rectum and bladder. I eeventually passed wee and poo....now sstill in pain at 3.40 am. So fed up ..ddon't know what to do with myself. TThinking oofgoing on a lliquid only diet to take strain off bno well. . .any suggestions please...sshould I have a ccatheter fitted for a short time as I am rretaining urine. ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry, that sounds terrible. I would contact your doctor and let them know that this is not working and you need a solution to this problem NOW! I can't believe they didn't give you some sort of instructions as to what you could eat and you should be on a stool softener so you don't strain at all. It would probably help to have a urinary cath. put in for a while. It should heal but you need be able to urinate and no straining when having A bowel movement. I hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Hi thankyou for your reply just a quick uupdate...The aantibiotics for uti didn't work

Was in lots of pain so ..i ccouldn't wee ..took myself to nems saw a marvellous understanding dr who gave me different antibiotics and put a catheter on sshort term so I can get some rrest and some different laxitives 😊..i aalready drink 2 litres water ..gground flaxseed. .Apricots and prune juice ..do not seem to work ...its been over a week since op ...should b healed wwithin another week. What a difference it makes when you see a dr who seems to care ...will let u kknow at what point I improve. ..you have a lovely day kindest regards Carroll 😊

• Posted

I had a cysticle rectocile in 2000. It was done cuz my stuff caved in during a hysterctomy and a repair in my urethra... it spun n it shouldnt do. WELL..... i was clueless to anything that was to happen as this all came to be durning surgery. I guess was emergency plan for the walls to fall. anyways. they put all back normal. well and i woke with a Foley cath. I was fuming... didnt know. and then got home and was in pain. imbarrased all the stuff. I had it removed after i thought i was retrained to find that I DISTENDED...the worse pain in the world i guess.... I went to hospital they put a vag. cath. i went home well fee weeks pass doctor trys again. this time i was given zanax to help relax my body so this could happen. i was fine

if i didnt have a zanax i couldnt go. and i was fine n off zan a few weeks later....i guess the key to a full empty is relaxation. good luck. I just found the painful realization im going back...

i recently had a BM that would not empty and well i was looking around myself before doctor and found its all came back down. ONG I AM FREEKING. i dont need the bladder its fine. but oh man....i hate doctors n such. duno thought i was alll better... question for you does this cause mid back pain because since i found the pain seems to connect ....good luck.

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear u have been through so much ...i also hhad before this minor op! The whole of my back wall stiched due to a rectocele . ..yes you do get back aache..aand front aache. ...i had my catheter removed this morning ...not had my 1st nnormal wee yetsmile...i am nnot putting my body tthrough any more ooperations. The district nurses seem to see me as a nusince i feel bbecause I question eeverything aand wwhen they say they are going to rring I expect tthem to....ddreading getting really old if this is how yyou r treated ...gGood lluck to u smile x
  • Posted

I'm so sorry the only thing I can say is that I relate. I've since switched to what is called the clear diet. I myself believe I have rectal prolapse but for some reason it's not urgent to them. I was spending hours at atone in the bath room. Now if I eat it's in the evening and I take a new pill called linzess. But you will be held hostage near the bathroom for a while but it beats passing out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.