Recurrent diarrhoea for reasons unknown. Help ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

Awaiting to see my doctor. For the time being thought I would post on her to see if anyone has experienced similar... I am really worried and absolutely fed up

Over the past year I have had random bouts of diarrhoea. Don't know why. I'm on the contraceptive shot depo provera but don't know if it has anything to do with it. So anyway for the past 2 weeks I have had diarrhoea and then been absolutely fine. Then few days later diarrhoea again. Really bad diarrhoea too. I've cut out alcohol, fatty foods. I literally ate a salad and got diarrhoea straight after one day. But he next day I can eat some pasta and be fine. Then the day after I eat pasta and boom diarrhoea. I occasionally have suffered from constipation. Although not as much now as diarrhoea has taken over.

Anyone know what could be wrong? I've changed my diet. I have been very stressed but all my issues are resolved now so no stress anymore. It's worrying and is also quite painful. When I get a bout of diarrhoea I will be very hot and dizzy.

Thanks guys

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know it's not really much help but it sounds like an IBD or IBS sorry I can't help further
  • Posted

I have the same problem, mine has been going on for a yr or so, no doc can tell me y, but I am also on the depo shot, maybe it has something to do with that.

• Posted

How do you cope with it and go about your life as normal?

iv never had any problems until being on depo. I've had 3 shots now and coming towards my forth but am not going to get it again. But seems to be a lot worse when it comes towards the end.

• Posted

If you had no problems before the provera injection, and now you are having reactions, it might be the medication doesn't suit you.  I would come off it and see if your symptoms go away.  On the other hand, it could be IBS.  If you have had an episode of stress, it can trigger irritable bowel syndrome which can bring on food intolerance.  It can take time to figure out which foods care causing symptoms.  The bowel habit changes are also symptoms of IBS.  However, see you doctor.
  • Posted

Try buscopan, I have IBS and diverticularitist, and had diaharroah for six weeks solid, it just really makes you totally lethargic and run down, however the buscopan helped, it's worth a try 😚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.