Recurring annoying muscle twitches.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had this for 3 years now. Strong immune system, but struggling with muscle twitches. They are so irritating. Wish I could take it all back! ??

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are the muscle twitches your only symptom now?
    • Posted

Yes they are. They are so irritating. I usually didn't have a problem with them till now.

• Posted

I wonder if supplementing magnesium would help. It might be worth a try. I get the muscles twitches too.

It's been 10 months for me and i'm still unwell with lots of symptoms. How long did it take for you to recover? (apart from muscle twitches)

• Posted

I do use magnesium supplements here and there. They become worse whenever I feel hungry and/or stressed. Stress and anxiety are contrubuting factors at the moment; hope I will get back on track in a week's time.

I caught EBV in August, 2013. I first started experiencing symptoms (sore throat, fever, fatigue, chills and night sweats) in the last week of August, but had made full recovery from the worst symptoms (fatigue, muscle aches and brain fog) after 2 months. I was dehydrated during the 2 months, photophobic, tired most of the time, depressed, and lost appetite. The fatigue may stay for up to 6 months. I don't remember suffering any symptoms in December, 2013. I was already fine before the new year. 2014 and later, I carried on with my normal life activities, till now, as we speak, that I feel like it's reactivating. Following the exact same pattern in 2013.

I survived a serious anxiety and depression case just 2 months ago. I can't be going through another set back when I had just made it out of trauma. No ways!

• Posted

Thanks so much for sharing your story. It helps. I'm sorry to hear about your recent bout of anxiety and depression. I've been going through a similar thing, brought on by this virus actually. I've had anxiety on and off throughout life but nothing compared to what i've experienced in recent times. I had a bad relapse of the virus in April and again just last month in July and both times my anxiety has been severe, and this time the depression has also felt severe at times. Sometimes i feel at my wits end, but i'm keeping hope. Things will improve for us.

I find my symptoms get worse when i'm hungry and stressed too. Your episode of bad anxiety and depression may have put stress on your body. It may not be a reactivation, fingers crossed. Hopefully it's just your body healing. High anxiety puts so much stress on the body!

• Posted

My life changed after EBV. So much anxiety and depression in my life that was never there in the first place. We will be fine. I can't believe I made it this far in this condition and state of mind; from the first day of thinking I wouldn't make it through 2 years of life with EBV.

Do not allow what you see to hinder what you believe. The real battle is in your mind.

Take courage in the fact that there's someone else who's worse off than you. You will be fine in no time at all. Fingers crossed.

Hang on in there!

• Posted

Good luck in your recovery to both of you - it sure is a nasty virus, Aquin I definitely think you will get through this still, fear not just trust in God to heal in time with this one, Fanei I hope that things settle down much more for you now, it's such a traumatic experience I know. Hang in there both of you because you will get through it, without any doubt in my mind.

Thinking of you

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.