Recurring BV

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi ladies wanted opinions, advice please or anything I may not know as fed up and in pain. I have been with my husband for 10years and had no issues of any kind in this area what so ever but have now had recurrent BV now for 5 months! I have endometriosis so am in chronic pain daily so have enough going on there without trying to overcome the BV. 

I have are done what the doctors wanted and taken 3 courses of antibiotics and abstained from intercourse which did get rid of the BV but every month it would return. I then took to google and did my own research and bought ph sticks and gels and used them regularly, used condoms with my husband, taking probiotics, ,ultivitamins, change of diet etc also to help my endometriosis too. I thought I had managed to go one month without having to go back for more swabs and more antibiotics but 4 days ago I had unprotected sex with my husband and here I am with BV again :-( and in a lot of pain too. (Not too sure why I get so much pain every time I get BV). 

So I need help and opinions. Is it me? Is it my husband? We had no issues at all before so what has changed all of a sudden? Is it my health? 

Doctors are are not taking it seriously and it isn't fair and making me really unhappy. 

Any advice welcome 

thank you xxx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Try to see if hubby need treatment too.. My husband did a full course of treatment too
    • Posted

Yes it did for about 6 months and then it returned.. This chronic BV is a crazy and the only thing that has helped tremendously with odor is putting underarm deodorant in your pubic area.. No more odor or wetness in the past month.. And also started using Vagisil feminine wash. Big difference
    • Posted

I thought putting things like this in that area made it worse though thanks
    • Posted

Ur welcome I always make sure I don't put it near the vaginal lips.. Just in the creases and hairy area.. My daughters (who are also chronic) have tried this method and they are very happy with the results also
    • Posted

Hi I will have to try this ️Thanks your lucky your daughters talk to you I wouldn't know where to start telling my mum but this is a serious condition which is missed by so many practioners wouldn't you say? It needs to be known more and research carried out this could be linked to some health problem or like woman who find it hard to conceive irregular periods ️️an so on ️xx be ️️an intresting documentary I would watch it and guess thosands of others would too x
    • Posted

Ohhhh yesss I totally agree!!! This problem is being suffered by so many women and it shouldn't be.. Im so glad to have forums like this to let me know im not suffering alone because BV can totally ruin your life
  • Posted

Hi Gemma

I'm so sorry. It's an awful thing to go through. I know as I was there for a long time and then it became chronic. I went down the exact same route with antibiotics until I got fed up of going back for more when I knew it would return. I then got very very sick and I was forced to look at everything and anything that could have caused my health to collapse the way it did at a young age. It was my diet and stress. It took me a while to come to terms with it but once I changed my diet and took some probiotics within 2 months my bv was gone!! I was suffering with it for over 10 years! I have written a more extensive post here with my protocol. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Good luck Gemma. This can me beaten. I am proof of that

• Posted

Thank yoy for your reply. I do agree diet and stress probably are a factor just a shame as never suffered before its mad to think what has triggered it in the first place but I guess things can just happen and I guess that's what a doctor would tell me. I used the gel last night and the odor doesn't seem as bad today so will use it everyday to avoid going back to docs and do a ph test in a few days. I have ordered so stronger probiotic as don't think mine are very good. Thank you will check out what you have written. 😊 xx
    • Posted

Hi did you ever think it could have been ️an sti just wondering if any one else thinks like me , thanks
    • Posted

Hi does anyone know what happens if you use thrush canestene treatment if you haven't got thrush , I dont knk wig I have or not the smell is still there a little ️️an am getting discharge the smells not strong though I'm not itchy but CARNT hold my wee in at all when I have to go I have to go fast or it feels like it's gonna gush out , please does any one know as I am wanting to try this as I think it could be thrush ️Thanks
    • Posted

Probiotics are a good thing I would say. The other thing that contributed to chronic bv was the overuse of antibiotics for UTIs and then it led to bv and finally chronic bv. We don't realise how much toxicity can accumulate in our bodies due to the inability for our bodies to detoxify which can be caused by stress, bad diet, environmental toxins like chemicals that we even put on our skin, until we re hit with something which then forces us to start asking questions. I didn't pay attention throughout all the warning signs. I just assumed things would disappear. When they didn't - I started to pay attention. Just wish I had paid attention before thing became chronic. It's so much easier to reverse sickness at the acute stage.
    • Posted

How do you fix it tho b4 it becomes chronic this is new to me so I want to nip it in the bud straight away
    • Posted

I had it checked many many times and always came back as BV. I finally stopped going back to the Drs for antibiotics and was using balance Activ gel. Meanwhile I wasn't dealing with the root cause and the antibiotics had destroyed the balance of flora/Bacteria in my gut and therefore my vagina. This contributed massively to my chronic bv.
    • Posted

Loo, the key is to try to find the root cause. Bv is caused by an imbalance of bacteria in the vagina. What caused this to occur? Ask yourself this question. How is your diet? Do you eat a lot of sugar, drink alcohol, lots of carbohydrates, processed foods? How are your stress levels? Have you taken many rounds of antibiotics? Have you had some sort of sickness like a bad case of chest infection or food poisoning before this happened? Do you take birth control pills. All these things can impact our health. The food, stress and antibiotics are a common cause for chronic bv and other illnesses as far as I have seen. The key is to try to correct these things one by one to regain your health. My chronic bv disappeared in 2 months taking 3 months of strong probiotics and change of diet. My digestive symptoms are taking longer to correct though.
    • Posted

Hi no I don't take birth control I do find though that when I smoke it gets worse, I didn't have it years ago when I smoked then I quit but just recently started to smoke on occasions when drinking but this has now led to starting to have one a night to 3 a night I don't want to smoke but feel the urge ️️an it's to easy now I do think it's that hopefully I will not smoke again any more just had last one earlier and I have promised im going to try to not get any more I feel stressed to day but unsure why and I find when I drink energy drinks it's there too so I don't know which one out of those 3 it could be maybe all of them gonna try wuit again I was much healthier when I never it's crept up since oct 2015 sad
    • Posted

Gosh yes smoking will definitely go against you while trying to get back in balance. I know the feeling though - I always had a cigarette in hand every time I had a drink. Such a challenge. 😢
    • Posted

Hi Loo, I was tested for sti's although only been with my husband (but you never know ) and came back I had nothing however I am learning that unprotected sex is making it worse and making the bv return although never had any problems before :-( xx
    • Posted

Iknow this is what made me smoke again I don't drink or smoke for two years straight then one day drank and now I smoke to it's so hard but I am a bit unwell at the moment chest problems which I put down to starting the cigs again so from now I am quiting again I want to get bo to the point I could smell on ️️an think God that stinks lol
    • Posted

It's so strange isn't it, I think I need to go ️️an get a culture yest done with other possible ones too ️xx
    • Posted

Anastasia, 

Would you be willing to email your protocol? Or re share it on this post? Thanks,

Eryn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.