Recurring Infection?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 20 years old, and for some time now I've sporadically been experiencing a burning sensation when I pee, as well as a need to pee a little bit more frequently. They don't necessarily happen at the same time, and tend to flare up once every couple of months or so. Very occasionally there's some discharge, which last happened over the summer. I genuinely can't remember when this started to happen it's been so long, for years I thought it was just normal. I decided to get tested a couple of months ago and all the results came back fine, but at the time I wasn't actually experiencing the symptoms, it was in between them occurring. So, I was worried- could this perhaps be a case of recurring trichomoniasis or chlamydia or gonorrhoea or something? I've only ever had one sexual encounter, three years ago, but unfortunately it was unprotected, and these symptoms could perhaps have started happening in the aftermath, I just can't recall. Would the tests have picked up that I was infected, even if the infection had temporarily gone away? Could the infection be coming and going? Is that conceivable? I get really anxious about my health and go to the doctors far too often as it is, so I wondered if anyone else had some advice on it before I decide to go back yet again...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello ~

It kind of sounds to me like a blader infection or something

Im not to sure tho since im not a doctor so i suggest going to the doctor to get tested during the symptoms and explain to ur doctor about everything that is happening

• Posted

ive got a water infection  for the third time  i does claer up with the tabs from the doc...is ur water a dark colur  mine is with blood in it dont worry its the infection  also my water burns aswell please do she the doc and  get it tested  good luck
  • Posted

Kind of sounds like a UTI but with gonorrhea your pee is a burning like fire! And the itch is unexplainable. Its the kind of burn that could make you cry. Yours sounds like a UTI.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.