Red and sore around bottom

Posted , 22 users are following.

ive had some redness and been quite sore between the cheeks of my bum for a couple of weeks now. I seem to have tried everything ie. Bathing with bicarbonate wash after each toilet visit, moisturising with Emu oil or Sudacreme, Clob at night to no avail. I think it maybe LS but not sure, there are no white patches and it's not itchy just sore, it's uncomfortable when sitting and walking. Am going to try bringing forward my Dermatology appointment but any advice would be welcome.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have the same problem and it was getting worse it felt like I had fiber glass in between my butt checks it was horrible till my husband suggested baby powder I started using my sons medicated baby powder for a few days and it got better now I use it when ever it starts to get a little itchy I don't know why it is different then the front and you can't just moisturies but hope it works for you
    • Posted

Thanks, I feel so desperate I will try anything, it's really getting me down.
    • Posted

Yes I know,I thought what the hell the front now the back what have I done so bad to be cursed lol but the first time I used it it was so raw the powder turned the hole back side into a scab and I used it till it heeled up hope it works let me know how it go's
  • Posted

Hi Hazel--When I have soreness crop up like that I often try to think also what might be going on in my life or diet that could be causing a flare. Any changes, such as sugar or stress?  --Suzanne
    • Posted

Yeh, probably both! My father is bed bound, a very good friend has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease at 54 and to cap it all 'the menopause'. I've been eating far too much chocolate for comfort! I really need to give up sugar but it's so difficult, as well as chocolate I love fruit but that's full of sugar too😓
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear about all of the stresses! I've not really had success with dampening down the LS with the Clob ointment, coconut oil, etc. It's only when I address the causes that my flares seem to subside. Good luck with everything! 
  • Posted

Hi

I had the same problem, after trying countless cream including Dermovate etc, I tried Anusol cream, it is really meant for piles, but it contains Zinc oxide , it relieved the discomfort and soothed the itching and within a week had completely cured the problem. If it gets a little red, I put it on right away and it's back to normal by the morning. Good Luck.

• Posted

I have the same problem. At times the skin even cracks. This causes pain for several days until it heals. Sweat and different ways that I bend affect it. A lot of the time if I sit on the floor, it will tear when I stand up! PAIN! Desitin, which also contains Zinc Oxide helps. You have to keep the area very clean and dry. If not the area become slimy and your skin starts breaking down even more...
  • Posted

I find sitting for long periods will make matters worse too. Long journeys long sessions on  the compte r  etc

I will also use an anti fungal preparation and my clobetasol on the affected area until the irritation ....pain....redness goes. I also have what looks likes bites when this happens , hence my thinking it is an fungal infection a sort of allergic reaction but again who knows?

good luck Sue

• Posted

Hi Hazel.  I hate to throw another log on the fire, so to speak, but what really helps me if I get inflamed is 100 percent aloe vera.  I get it from the health stores, Georges by name.  It immediately cools and soothes the area and usually one application turns the corner then I go back to Cetaphil gentle emollient cleanser and coconut cream.  As it has been pointed out, different things work for different people at different times. So far, this has kept me comfortable.  Wish you good luck and good healing.
  • Posted

I get this too no white patches just sore I find hydrocortisone cream helps. Mine is usually is kicked of by wine. I take probiotics and am dairy free as I do think this starts within keep your chin up and keep having sex it's important to keep that alive if you can mentally and physically for both of you xx
    • Posted

I am having a flare now.The first major in two years...just two or three little ones before when I don't use the oitment at least 3 times per wk.  But now I can't fgure out why I am having it.  I started my ointment faithfully.  Now I use it twice daily every day.  Still there.  Red, itch ,and scaring around clit. and fusing on one side labia minnora.  The only thing I can think ofthat is different is I am now drinking glass of wine daily.  Before I would have a glass maybe twice a month.  Does wine seem to cause flare ups?

• Posted

I just wanted to thank everyone on here it has really helped me today reading all your questions and answers as I have felt so down about this and for me it has helped reading different solutions that I will now go away and try!
    • Posted

This is spooky Stella as I'm having exactly the same problem again, I'm really sore all around my bottom, it almost looks like nappy rash! When I'm sitting it's sooo uncomfortable, I have to keep moving from cheek to cheek! It's been a good refresher reading all the posts again to see what worked for people. Think I might give the Aloe Vera a try this time. #feelingcursed

• Posted

That is exactly how it is for me, just like nappy rash and having to constantly move from cheek to cheek to make it comfortable! I have been using metanium which is a nappy rash ointment and that has been working for me but until I read all this yesterday, I wasn't sure if I what I was treating and now I know! Interesting that someone has mentioned stress can make it worse, I can't tell you the relief in knowing others have the same problem I feel so much calmer finding this forum! Again thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.