Red bumps from clothing irritation?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey yesterday I noticed that the sides of my perineum were sore and irritated with small red bumps. I think it may have been caused by my underwear rubbing. I but coconut oil on last night and this morning but it didn't seem to help so I've put clob on now and hopefully that will ease it. Does anyone else experience anything like this? I know people on this forum suggest not wearing underwear to prevent irritation but I don't think I'm comfortable enough to do that as I have irregular periods and don't know when they will start rolleyes

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessicat

sounds like I have similar red area symmetrical on vaginal opening.  I've had biopsy just before xmas but the clob really doesn't seem to have done anything for the red area I have raised things as well.  I worried it was herpes at first not that I have sexual partners but they said it wasn't.  I'm hoping mine is from chaffing also.

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying, yeah I was worried mine was herpes but I've had it pop up before and it usually goes in a couple days for me, so I don't think it is. And there are no other symptoms similiar to herpes for me. It must be something irritating that area to cause the bumps 

• Posted

Does it itch Jessiecat?  Mine tickled once or twice and clob stopped it but it doesn't itch like yours red and raised a lot like herpes but gum clinic and dr said no just by looking.  I think herpes is very itchy and oozy but I may be wrong.

• Posted

No mine isn't itchy just sore but not overly sore, yeah I haven't noticed any oozing or open sores. It's just red skin really. The clob seems to be helping as well 

• Posted

Hi, I had exactly the same last night. I wore some different underwear than my usual cotton ones. I had a red rash and small red spots with soreness no itching. after a shower I put some clob on and this morning it felt fine and no soreness. Its a nightmare at this time of year as tight clothing really doesnt help us.. I will continue with clob for next couple of days and then go back to maintainance with a lighter steroid a couple times a week.. hope it clears up soon - Jo x
    • Posted

Hey yeah when i think back i did wear different underwear than what i usually wear. Mine seems alot better today, still slightly red but not as bad. Ive been putting coconut oil on to keep it moisturised. 
  • Posted

Hi, I have experienced this, and it sounds like it is one of the symptoms of an LS flare up, and so using a tiny bit of Clob should make it go away.
    • Posted

Hi yeah I have used some clob on the area and then coconut oil when not using clob. Today it seems to be much better only a slight pinkish red area and the bumps have gone, so hopefully it should be gone by tomorrow 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.